FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.02

Backed up FM3, good
Loaded new 102 file, normal load.
Normal reboot, connected with new version of FM edit. normal
On 2nd restart FM hung on the "FM3" logo.....with Fan on high. I let is sit for a while...as it may be busy.
Re-start, normal.
Just an observation.

Hi Bryant,
This line may have gotten cut off in the notes:
  • When using the “Output 2 Copy” feature (in SETUP: I/O) the options “INPUT 1” and “OUTPUT 1” now produce increased level at Out 2 to better match the level at Out 1 without.
So there is nothing to do in menu for OUT 2 correct? It is now at OU1 level ?
thank you

Hi Bryant,
This line may have gotten cut off in the notes:
  • When using the “Output 2 Copy” feature (in SETUP: I/O) the options “INPUT 1” and “OUTPUT 1” now produce increased level at Out 2 to better match the level at Out 1 without. ...

That should say, "to better match the level at Out 1 without extra steps for compensation".

Backed up FM3, good
Loaded new 102 file, normal load.
Normal reboot, connected with new version of FM edit. normal
On 2nd restart FM hung on the "FM3" logo.....with Fan on high. I let is sit for a while...as it may be busy.
Re-start, normal.
Just an observation.
I've been having similar issues with 1.01. Working with support right now and haven't updated to 1.02 yet. Hoping this doesnt continue long although maybe a FW fix will address it. The USB also stops working. Only workaround I have found is to unplug the USB cable before booting up. Splash screen and 2st white screen freezing as well.

Awesome work! Running nicely here. Can't wait to make some patches with the updated Phaser and Flanger blocks in particular.

we know how you love that Flanger
Fas vibe now you have it
personally i really wanted that MXR
EVH just so i can have it set to momentary and try to master the unchained sweep

Do we have any recommendations for using the new NR gate ?
I had more hiss than Intell or Classic when I toggled it. Probably user error :)

question if this is intended behavior (even on old firmware). If I have a preset that defaults to a different scene on a different view (on purpose), when I switch to the preset it's always on the first view so I have to page over to the right a couple times where that scene is. Hope this make sense.

Video of issue:

Last edited:
Do we have any recommendations for using the new NR gate ?
I had more hiss than Intell or Classic when I toggled it. Probably user error :)

Reset the block, select Noise Reducer, set Threshold at point where it makes the hum disappear.
Don't forget to set AC Line Freq to the correct value.

what changed in the Chorus Rex
i dont recall the 3 getting a chorus update
i know about the Flanger phaser
gate and drive blocks
Admittedly, the changes were largely control features in the Chorus block. But the new Low Cut in Dual Chorus can tighten up the sweep.

we know how you love that Flanger
Fas vibe now you have it
personally i really wanted that MXR
EVH just so i can have it set to momentary and try to master the unchained sweep

I REALLLLLY. want that Unchained momentary as well, so classic !

Back
Top Bottom