FM3 Firmware Release 1.04 Public Beta 7

When do you get the pops? If it happens with one or two presets in particular, please upload those presets.
Sure. The pops happen on the default scene 1. Strange because the amp is the same just different levels of gain. I will upload them when I get a chance.

Here are the presets. Please ignore the name as it is a longtime nick name..... LOL..... CPU is around 78% 6 Scenes. I am using Scene Control to vary volume for solo boost. Other than that pretty straight forward. Filter block is assigned as a quick on off boost that I use for scene one. Just to add.... OMG9 Layout using FC-6.

Attachments

• RoboCop Mid Gain.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 6
  • RoboCop High Gain.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Deluxe Tweed model sounds bad! Like an overly compressed ratty fuzz box. I imported the preset from my III, double checked the settings, they are identical but it doesn't sound or react the same

Last edited:
After installing the new FW 1.04 beta, I could not get the FM3 to connect with the updated FM3-Edit from May. The FW refresh took forever, like more than an hour and then I received a time-out error. Each subsequent power cycle also resulted in the connection time-out. I had to roll back the FM3 Edit software to 1.01.02. to get FM3 Edit to display any of the presets/blocks.

After installing the new FW 1.04 beta, I could not get the FM3 to connect with the updated FM3-Edit from May. The FW refresh took forever, like more than an hour and then I received a time-out error. Each subsequent power cycle also resulted in the connection time-out. I had to roll back the FM3 Edit software to 1.01.02. to get FM3 Edit to display any of the presets/blocks.
I’ve not experienced this. Try restarting your computer and FM3. Long USB cables can do this too, like over 10 feet from what I’ve read, or faulty USB cables too.

I’ve not experienced this. Try restarting your computer and FM3. Long USB cables can do this too, like over 10 feet from what I’ve read, or faulty USB cables too.
I don't think the USB cable could be an issue, as it shows its connected and it works just fine with the previous version of FM3. It's the new version of the FM3-Edit that isn't working.

I don't think the USB cable could be an issue, as it shows its connected and it works just fine with the previous version of FM3. It's the new version of the FM3-Edit that isn't working.
What operating system are you running?

Catalina.

So I just re-installed the newest version of FM3-Edit with the FM3 unit turned off. I booted it up and then turned on the FM3. FM3-Edit 1.01.03 is now working fine. Not sure what the deal was, but it seems to be good now.

In my case, on MacOS Catalina, with the latest beta, FM3 edit loses connectivity with the FM3 once in a while. I can’t tell you what causes it to happen, but FM3Edit sort of freezes, no error messages. If I restart it, it then says it can’t connect to the FM3. Restarting the FM3 always resolved it.

I figure it’s beta software, so I’m not too worried.

Try changing your usb cable. I’m m using Catalina and have never encountered any freezing or connectivity issues.

Back
Top Bottom