FM3 + Fender FR12 - Man!!!

jrusidoff

Really loving the crap out of this setup, and I can't wait to bring it into a room with the band. Unfortunately, that will have to wait until after knee replacement surgery which is scheduled for next week, so it'll probably be the end of January.
I have created some presets of the amps that I am really familiar with: Marshall, SLO, and my beloved old 64 Super Reverb. Have been keeping it simple, and I find it pretty easy to dial in what I want to hear with minimal fuss and hassle. Can't wait to add an expression pedal, which should be here in a few days to control levels/wah/volume stuff.
Had a chance to let it all hang out when everyone left the house for a bit, and I am digging on that FR12. I can even get my controlled feedback, which was a big worry for me. A bit of tweaking to the EQ curve pretty much kills the harshness of the high end, and I am leaving the EQ on the FR12 mostly alone except for a bit of the cut.
My observation is that, while of course it sounds great, the big thing for me is that it feels like a real amp under my fingers with the touch sensitivity that I am used to with a good amp. I never got that when I had a Kemper, with either headphones or any FRFR I tried. That is what really sells it to me.
One question: how are you guys running your output with your FRFRs? Are you running the default -10 or the +4 db?
Thanks and cheers!
_JimmyR

I run the FR at +4 and start with the fractal volume at noon, some folks run theirs up a little hotter.

I just got the FR12 and it’s not as loud as I thought it should be. I’ll have to check if I’m at +4 or not. I want to say I’m at -10 since we run direct with iems live.

Back
Top Bottom