FM3 Factory Presets 5.03 - Preview

Oh yeah baby!!!
You guys are the best.
Also all the beta testers.
Thanks FAS. 👍👍👍

Oh and Have a Great Holiday!!🍻
It’s been 1 year this past week that I received my FM3 and first FAS product.😃

Last edited:
I am so grateful that a buddy of mine told me about the FM3 over a year ago and then brought his to my house to try out. I had my own in two weeks! I have never experienced a company that cares so much about their products and most importantly about their customers. I would have been disappointed and felt ripped off with any other modeler brand. My opinions are my own, but they may reflect the super majority of FAS products. :) I have shared my experience in the past, but the continued upgrades of an already phenomenal product blows my mind.
This is always a good reminder…

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/how-can-i-help.70707/

Awesome, thanks guys! This is one of the reasons for me to buy a fractal device recently. I owned another one from a known brand that just releases firmware upgrades if there is a bad bug and never to add more stuff or features nor presets. I had read about Fractal constant upgrades and so happy to see its true!

Awesome, thanks guys! This is one of the reasons for me to buy a fractal device recently. I owned another one from a known brand that just releases firmware upgrades if there is a bad bug and never to add more stuff or features nor presets. I had read about Fractal constant upgrades and so happy to see its true!
Prior to switching to Fractal gear I tried several different units, and was annoyed/dismayed that some had not had updates in years, and still had the same bugs. I bought an AX-8 and there were several updates in the time I had it. A little while back, out of curiosity, I looked to see how many updates the current generation have had and there’d been over 200 if I remember correctly.

Sometimes they’re big improvements, sometimes they’re little tweaks to fix a couple small bugs, but they keep coming. Our modelers do more, better, than when we first bought them. That’s amazing.

Thanks so much, have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend team FAS. You are truly breaking new ground and inspiring us all ! It's like Christmas several times a month.

Sometimes they’re big improvements, sometimes they’re little tweaks to fix a couple small bugs, but they keep coming. Our modelers do more, better, than when we first bought them. That’s amazing.
Exactly!

It’s a year ago this week I got my first FAS product (FM3) and pretty much first modeler since 20 years ago when I had a very dissatisfying experience with the red kidney bean. Don’t think I returned a piece of gear faster. Have to say I was somewhat a “hater” and tube amp snob since. Cygnus was just introduced and I was excited that I was jumping onboard at the right time. Little did I know what I was diving into in so many ways. The amount of improvements that have taken place in the past year is nothing less than phenomenal. Especially in the areas that I disliked most about modeling. That is the “feel” the connection with the sound being produced and physically what I’m doing on the guitar. I suppose it’s dynamics. Realistic dynamics!

A few observations:
  • Vibrato Lux: scene 3 "More FX" has a tremolo engaged, whereas in the III version it is bypassed.
  • Citrus RV50: scene 4 “Cranked” has a chorus engaged, whereas in the III version it is bypassed.
  • A-Class 15W: the amp channel in scene 5 is possibly not the right one.
  • Still Blue: in scene 6 "Dry 435" the Drive block possibly should be bypassed.
  • Delay Leads: in scene 8 "ChoDelay" there's no Delay engaged.
  • Pentalizers: scene 1 "Less" has Hold/Stack engaged by mistake.
  • Touch LFO Filter FM3: the Drive 2 block is a FET Boost, whereas it's a Tape Dist in the III version. The III version sounds better.
  • Mystic Arps: Scene 2 is named "2021" on the FM3 and "2022" on the III. Also, the MBC is missing on the FM3.
  • Starship Flanger: scenes need leveling.
  • Bean Town FM3: the FM3 version seems to be further away from the sound of the III version than before, it misses top end.
  • Panner Pedal: the difference between the first 3 scenes isn't obvious to me.

Last edited:
Dumb question here. Is there a way to download the presets to a file and audition or load patches individually without swapping out the first 300+ patches on my unit.

Dumb question here. Is there a way to download the presets to a file and audition or load patches individually without swapping out the first 300+ patches on my unit.

Use Preset > Import Preset to pick an individual preset from a bank file.

Back
Top Bottom