FM3 Factory Presets 5.03 - Preview

Got it thanks, I was misunderstanding that if I clicked on a bank it would load the whole bank, lol
Fractal-Bot, whether it’s the standalone version, or the one embedded in *Edit, loads and installs by bank, and lets you pick which destination bank.

The Preset Manager lets you select individual presets.

Thanks for the compliments and contributions. We're off for the holiday weekend but will polish up these changes and do the release this week.
Thank you and all of the Fractal Team for your work and the continuous improvement of the software and the presets!
Before I bought the FM3 I used another modeller from another company. Updates were always announced for a long period ….. without being realised, or only with very small improvements or an additional amplifier or fuzz.
I think this is one reason, why Fractal is the leading company in this field.
I have one question: will the setlist function be introduced in the near future for the FM3 or will it take a longer period, a few months?
Thank you and kind regards

Wolfgang

Dumb question here. Is there a way to download the presets to a file and audition or load patches individually without swapping out the first 300+ patches on my unit.
From Preset Manager in FM3 Edit, select the "Auto Audition" button. On the unit you can have any preset selected, but I prefer to use an empty slot for this because it makes me nervous. Next drop the preset or bank file into the sidebar area of the Preset Manager window. Now you simply click on the preset name in the side bar which you want to audition. The unit will display the auditioned preset's info while you are doing this, but nothing will be overwritten in the unit unless you opt to save.

This is a very handy method for auditioning large bank files.

Found a couple of mistakes from Factory Presets 4.01 still not fixed here:

1) 071 Dizzy preset — amp channels are mixed up)
Scene "Channel 2" has Dizzy Silver 3 amp, and "Channel 3" has Dizzy Silver 2. And I'm not sure if scene "Sweet Lead" has the correct amp model as well...

2) Some presets have the Wah block turned on and impossible to be bypassed) It occurs when I switch to these presets while there's no expression pedal connected to the device
It seems that the reason is the auto engage parameter set to Medium Position in some presets (for instance, 57 Meatloaf, 61 Shirley, 116 AFD, 121 Still Blue 122 MF Euro). Most of the presets have it set to Medium or Fast Speed — and it's fine there. In my opinion, it would be better to have a PC reset in the Wah block turned on to bypass in every preset to make sure this never happens... although I understand how tedious doing that would be)

Anyway, the overall sound is great, as always —and the B chord in Fremen's drones is finally fixed)

Last edited:
That was a nice surprise to get these new presets to try out! I had a mad hour noodling through my FRFR and if my ears are correct there is a fantastic improvement and sophistication of the amp sounds/presets. Great stuff!

Browsed through a couple of presets and they sound pretty good.
Only one thing:
In the preset "Friedman BE V1+2" there are no V2 models, only V1.

Some presets have the Wah block turned on and impossible to be bypassed
The presets assume a foot controller pedal is connected on External 1. If none is, then I’d recommend converting the Wah block to a shunt temporarily while auditioning the block or setting a MIDI default for the External 1 value. If I remember right using 0 will work. See p. 96 in the manual.

Last edited:
Apologies if already covered but any of these presets (which all sound really good btw, a huge improvement IMO thanks) that translate well to gig volumes without tweaking?

Would love to audition a few choice ones at weekends gigs.

Playing mainly Classic Rock/80's stuff.

Load presets (all)
Select preset 64 -Archean
Play default scene. Good
Switch to scene 4. Muted - CPU 84.9% :|
anyone else is seeing this?

Nope, scene 4 registers around 75% on my FM3.
Are you sure you imported the new ones?
ouch. loaded factory presets v.4 instead... sorry (factory presets 5.3 on scene 4 of Archean is 75% indeed), I was convinced I loaded the right one
( those &#$%!*& long file names )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom