Bug? Fm3 does not save presets name and latency with SC and CS per scene

Joshua_L

Experienced
Hi,

I have this problem.

Sometimes I save an existing preset with a different name but this does not sync.

I sometimes have to save it multiple times.

I also had a problem on one preset where scene controllers were lost and not saved.

I use a lot the CS per scene and the SC (same amp channel) and for example if a make a variation in gain with SC and a CS per scene for the boost (in the amp block) it sounds like the boost is not activated at the same time as the SC it kind of « pop » after.

Does anyone have the same issues?

Thanxs

How are you determining that it's not saving?

Are you looking at Manage Presets? If so, you'll need to click the Refresh icon to update the list.

How are you determining that it's not saving?

Are you looking at Manage Presets? If so, you'll need to click the Refresh icon to update the list.
Mainly sometimes the name of the preset is not saved.
Happened to me several times after having properly saved the preset, turned off the fm3 and fm3 edit and then next session names are not saved

Restarted the fm3 and refresh seems to solve it.

But that don’t explain why the preset tweaked and save multiple times on multiple days with multiple restarts appears with the wrong previous name.

That behavior doesn’t appear with each preset I save. It happens randomly.

Do I miss something here ?

And please stop the « press enter and save » :) thanks

Restarted the fm3 and refresh seems to solve it.

But that don’t explain why the preset tweaked and save multiple times on multiple days with multiple restarts appears with the wrong previous name.

That behavior doesn’t appear with each preset I save. It happens randomly.

Do I miss something here ?

And please stop the « press enter and save » :) thanks
Did you try the refresh before restarting?

Are you sure it's not starting up after a pwer cycle on the preset you were on prior to saving to a new location?

I've seen that, and to cure I always quit the editor first, then from the front panel I toggle the current preset to one next to it and back, and then it'll boot into the same preset you powered off on after the power cycle.

I've only seen this with save to a new location via the editor.

I've only seen this with save to a new location via the editor.
Exactly that, it happened with « save to New preset number ». One it’s saved to a new location if I change the name (press enter and save of course ^^) the name does not change in fm3 editor preset list.

Did you try the refresh before restarting?
No I did not even notice the refresh option as I just tough savng the preset with a different name will be enough.

But the refresh solved the problem so it’s ok.

It’s just a Lille bit annoying when you make 5 copies of the same preset, tweak them to death at night and don’t remember in the next morning which number sounded the best ^^

This is happening to me as well. I purchase a quality preset from Choptones, try to import it into my FM3 Turbo, save it using the FM3 Editor, SAVE, change presets and then.. EMPTY.. nothing saved. I have the latest firmware updated and I don't know what is going on, it's getting really frustrating dad gum it!

This is happening to me as well. I purchase a quality preset from Choptones, try to import it into my FM3 Turbo, save it using the FM3 Editor, SAVE, change presets and then.. EMPTY.. nothing saved. I have the latest firmware updated and I don't know what is going on, it's getting really frustrating dad gum it!
Define "the latest firmware." :)

This is a classic symptom of loading a preset into a system running earlier firmware.

FM3 Edit 1.06.10
Firmware 8.00

The thing is, I can create a new preset between locations 384 and 458, hit SAVE, then move to another preset, and go back to the new preset I saved and there is nothing there, no blocks, no preset name, nothing. And this happens using the hardware to save, and using FM3 Edit.

FM3 Edit 1.06.10
Firmware 8.00

The thing is, I can create a new preset between locations 384 and 458, hit SAVE, then move to another preset, and go back to the new preset I saved and there is nothing there, no blocks, no preset name, nothing. And this happens using the hardware to save, and using FM3 Edit.
I just tried this on several presets in the 384-458 range, and it's saving just fine.

You're hitting Save in FM3-Edit, right? Or is this happening on the front panel? Are you sure you've successfully imported the preset before you hit Save? After you hit Save, do you see the preset there, and is it correct?

I just tried this on several presets in the 384-458 range, and it's saving just fine.

You're hitting Save in FM3-Edit, right? Or is this happening on the front panel? Are you sure you've successfully imported the preset before you hit Save? After you hit Save, do you see the preset there, and is it correct?

I am currently working on @MrSlate 's FM3 unit. 8.00 Firmware FM3 edit 1.06.10.

I can reproduce the issue on his unit.
-Building a preset within "problematic preset range" does not reproduce the error
-copy/pasting does.

Attempted
  • Reset system to factory.
  • Rebooted
  • Refresh FW.
  • Built preset within problematic range, copy pasted.

Will attempt more and update

edit: also happens when performed on the unit

Last edited:
I am currently working on @MrSlate 's FM3 unit. 8.00 Firmware FM3 edit 1.06.10.

I can reproduce the issue on his unit.
-Building a preset within "problematic preset range" does not reproduce the error
-copy/pasting does.

Attempted
  • Reset system to factory.
  • Rebooted
  • Refresh FW.
  • Built preset within problematic range, copy pasted.

Will attempt more and update

edit: also happens when performed on the unit
Oh, weird... He replied elsewhere that the issue was resolved yesterday.

I'll try to test with copy/paste later.

He also said the issue happened from the front panel. Is that from Save to another slot?

Hi MrSlate here, yeah the problem came back. Front panel as well as FM3 edit. between 384 and 415 slots. Load slot that works > go to Preset > Save a Copy > Choose and slot between 384 and 415. Appears to save. Leave saved slot (between 384 and 415) and the saved preset is now blank.

Oh, weird... He replied elsewhere that the issue was resolved yesterday.

I'll try to test with copy/paste later.

He also said the issue happened from the front panel. Is that from Save to another slot?
Yeah. It was strange. Closest issue I’ve seen is having a corrupt blank preset. So I overwrote them with factory and quick build presets and still had no success. And it’s only between those preset slots.

I took a screen cap of the issue as well if needed for reference. But the gist is correct above. Does the same on fm3 edit and on front panel. Did all the usual steps like refreshing presets, after fw etc etc.

Does the same with preset mapping on or off. Even did a factory setup reset without any luck.

Only way to get a preset to “stick” is to create one in the trouble preset range and never copy anything to it.

Just putting up a flare in case I missed something.

Back
Top Bottom