FM3 Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C - Preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pitch effects are all pretty good
I can’t imagine when/if the FM3 gets the Ax3 pitch algo ported
but stuff like the Diatonic Chimes
and Heavy Harmonies and Drones of Arkansas are pretty good .
to be honest the only time i hear
it off is presets like Drop Tone
where you are chugging the low strings.

for me as a long time user its awesome but for the new owners
i truly think they will be absolutely blown away out of the box

there really is so much great stuff here , thanks to all involved

Jumped on to Beta 5, downloaded these presets, and I've been playing around.
And by playing around, I stumbled on the Stone in Love preset (C66 I think). And I can't stop playing Journey! All day! It's not a very complex patch, it just sounds tremendous!! With some volume behind it... oof. Just outstanding.
Well done as always FAS, thanks for these great tools.

Late to the party because we're still(!) unpacking....

I just stole a few hours and wandered through bank C (which I'd habitually avoided as "too weird" before) and I'm just stunned by how many inspiring and useful sounds I'm finding. I'm going to have to start taking notes, because a lot of these are seeds just waiting to germinate into song ideas.

You're utterly destroying the oft repeated cliché about factory presets!

I think now I've installed the new factory presets, its really hitting home the significant impact of improvement Cygnus has made.
There were so many factory presets before I just skipped past because they were MEH at best, different story now. The Splawn amps I hated, thought they were mushy and uninspiring, the Quickrod preset had me hooked for a good few of hours alone.

Great great work on the new Cygnus presets, I just know there is a whole lot of time heading my way that will be used up by going through these three banks.

Thank you Fractal Audio Team xxx

Friends, Fans, and Forumites:

The FM3 Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C for Cygnus are here! These are completely dialed in to showcase the latest and greatest features of the FM3 and Cygnus Amp Modeling. With these new banks installed, you won't need to worry about any kind of reset — simply install and enjoy.

DOWNLOAD NOW:
IMPORTANT: These banks require FM3 firmware version 4, currently available in beta on this forum.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo.../4p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v4-preview1.zip

The easiest way to install is to use the "All Banks" file, included in the zip.

NOTES:
The FM3 factory preset banks were converted from the new, updated Axe-Fx III banks and include numerous improvements. Those banks include new entries from my private collection, plus some from the "Artist Preset" packs we've shared, and submissions from Leon @2112 Todd, Brett @BurgsKingman, @edo Sounds, @austinbuddy, @fremen, @Marco Fanton and @Mark Day. Special thanks to @simeon Harris for allowing us to "tap" into his awesome library of Multitap Delay blocks ;-)
  • The presets now include many "Per-Preset Performance Controls".
  • Many presets have additional scenes, great for your OMG9 or OMG15 rig!
  • In many cases, I updated the presets names slightly to highlight noteworthy changes (e.g. "Ballerina III" vs. "Ballet Slippers"). The original versions can sometimes be found amongst the scenes with names like "Classic", or "Original".
  • This is a "preview" release, meaning that some additional work will follow, particularly in Bank A, where each preset will have at least three scenes like most of those in these new Banks B and C already do.
  • 🦢🦢🦢
Thank you. Question. will updating this overwrite any of my presets or will it leave them alone?
They require FM3 firmware 4.x
Any future updates will be addressed when they are released for FM3.
Wondering if installing and updating the new version 4 would overwrite any of my current presets? Thanks. Everyone in here is AWESOME!

Thank you. Question. will updating this overwrite any of my presets or will it leave them alone?

Wondering if installing and updating the new version 4 would overwrite any of my current presets? Thanks. Everyone in here is AWESOME!
The factory presets occupy Banks A, B, and C. User presets occupy Bank D. As long as you haven’t saved any to A,B, and C, you should be fine. Just make sure to back up all of your User presets before overwriting the factory presets.

Edit: Use Fractal Bot to back everything up.

I am surprised that the presets are SOOOOOO good. I was super happy with my presets before the firmware upgrade, then disappointed by what cygnus to them. Now I am back to excited about the tones.

Do I remember well, was it a Archean preset prior this factory preset banks release? I've searched this thread for archean or archon and got no result...

Do I remember well, was it a Archean preset prior this factory preset banks release? I've searched this thread for archean or archon and got no result...

It's new. Here you go!

Attachments

• Archean_20210616_214256.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom