FM3 cycling through presets itself

zerolight

Inspired
I've run into a problem over the past week where I can be in the middle of editing a preset using FM3 edit, when suddenly my FM3 starts rapidly cycling through all its presets - losing the edits I am making obviously - and eventually stopping after I spin the rotary dial to change presets myself a few times. It's really weird, annoying. Anyone else had this? Is it likely to be my unit or an issue with FM3 Edit. I'm fairly sure it has only happened using FM3 edit on my Mac.

Maybe a dirty encoder or button? I don't know how you can get the big value knob off but maybe you can try blowing some canned air under it.

Does it only happen when USB is connected? Are other apps running when this happens, or do you have anything connected to the MIDI?

I've run into a problem over the past week where I can be in the middle of editing a preset using FM3 edit, when suddenly my FM3 starts rapidly cycling through all its presets - losing the edits I am making obviously - and eventually stopping after I spin the rotary dial to change presets myself a few times. It's really weird, annoying. Anyone else had this? Is it likely to be my unit or an issue with FM3 Edit. I'm fairly sure it has only happened using FM3 edit on my Mac.
The most likely culprit is a stuck navigation button. Give them a few firm, rapid pokes to make sure they're free.

I’ll not have touched the front face of the FM3 for hours and all will be fine, then suddenly the presets start changing by themselves. Disconnecting USB once it has started doesn’t stop it. Found another thread where the encoder seemed to be the culprit. One owner had to get his unit replaced. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Could one of the footswitches be firing on its own? Do you normally operate the unit with a Preset +1 switch?

I had a bad unit... sounds like it might be similar to what your seeing...

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ange-fm-3-01-and-earlier.169278/#post-2042911

Could one of the footswitches be firing on its own? Do you normally operate the unit with a Preset +1 switch?
I do have one external pedal set as a stand in switch, but it only increments on a press and hold. I’ll try disconnecting that tomorrow and see whether it still does it. Odd that when it happens I’m nowhere near the switches and usually editing.

Back
Top Bottom