FM3 "Base Load" CPU use and "Upper Load" CPU use seem *very* high - is this likely to be addressed (?)

Hi Yek!
Where can I read more about this does all the delay blocks run separately? (Plex, multitap, etc) or just the 2 normal delay blocks?
Also I remember back when FM3 was in development Reverb was the block to operate in a separate black with amp, do you know why that changedi always thought it was better for performance, wasn't aware it had changed until recently.
Thanks

Just the regular delays.
It changed from reverb to delays during pre-release.

Genuinely not wanting or trying to be problematic here - its just that a "ceiling" of %83 is confusing / from a user perspective comes across as somewhat arbitrary - especially if %83 full system load is in reality %95<-> %100 full system load ?!

Peace out :)
You get used to this in networking. You generally never want your network to use at or above 80% of total available bandwidth. Same thing with flying. Engine speeds, RPMs, etc are usually nominal in the ranges of 70-80% of maximum.

I don't understand the problem showing 100% as the full load on the processors. That's exactly what it is. I was thinking of car engines and computers as well. It's also similar in recording and gain staging. The meters show the actual levels, but part of the process is understanding the usable limits and sweet spots.

How much brain power does it take to remember that 80% is the maximum usable load?

@raccoon and @Mr.Modeler have excellent points. If your home computer is running at 80% CPU, its performance will be painfully slow. If a network segment is running at 80% of capacity, users will call the help desk to complain. Fractal’s CPU meters show actual CPU usage, and they predict performance in a way that’s consistent with the rest of the digital world.

Wanna see some real user confusion? Just change it up so 80% = 100%. Watch the support threads explode when people start getting functional presets that report 103% CPU usage. “Why can’t the CPU meters show real data that’s not physically impossible?” :p

Back
Top Bottom