FM3 and FC-6 issues

dieter

Inspired
At practice yesterday about 2hours in
All of a sudden the upper row of the fc6 showed all the same preset
Bank up or down changed only the the lower row but the upper row always showed the third preset from the lower row.
Checked that I had selected the bank size shows 6 presets on the Fm3 and that I was on the omg9 layout.
Rebooted the Fm3 but that didn’t change anything
Presets upper row showing only the lower 3rd preset and I didn’t have any access to the other presets
All on the latest firmware no USB or Fm3 edit attached.

I have a photo attached as I just checked it at home again and it does the same thing as you can see if I press the lower row 3rd switch all the upper row lights up and show the same preset

Attachments

• F2CF31D3-FE32-4887-BF65-A1337A35B33B.jpeg
    F2CF31D3-FE32-4887-BF65-A1337A35B33B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Sounds like Bank size changed to 3. You may have reset system parameters recently.
Nope just checked again and did check yesterday when it happened, bank size was 6 and is 6 now problem still there

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Also checked different xlr cables switched back to Fm3 only and back to omg9
Rebooted several times with no luck

Nope just checked again and did check yesterday when it happened, bank size was 6 and is 6 now problem still there
If you happened to change it to 3, then back to 6 at any time, any Preset select switches set above 3 will now be set to 3. Hard to explain, but at the time you went down to 3, the maximum Preset in Bank they could go to was 3. So they automatically change to that. Going back up to 6, the switches don’t automatically go back to 4, 5, 6.

Check your switch functions and see if the top row all says Preset in Bank “3”.

Ok I had to put in the numbers for the upper row manually and it seams to work
But that doesn’t explain the behaviour at rehearsal as I didn’t touch anything to edit/change a parameter and all of a sudden it stoped working properly
Thanks for your help
I was just wondering is it possible to do this change of switches for the upper row on the Fm3 itself
I only could find and change it on the Fm3 edit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
Ah thanks again
Gives me a little bit of a peace of mind
I will monitor the behaviour and see if it happens again
Cheers

Ah thanks again
Gives me a little bit of a peace of mind
I will monitor the behaviour and see if it happens again
Cheers
yeah i'm not sure what would have made the Bank Size change other than you doing it, or doing a Reset System Parameters. all i know is the result of changing it will be what i described above.

let us know.

Just wondering is it possible by any chance that a certain combination of pressing foot switches will result in a change/edit or a reset of a parameter?
As I said I was just standing and operating the Fm3 fc6 with my foot, switching preset/scenes/ effects when the malfunction occurred
Cheers

Can someone explain to me setting the upper and lower Bank limits?

"The two press and hold BANK function switches in Layout 1 have options for Upper Limit and Lower Limit. By default, these step through ALL of the preset memory locations on the FM3. In some cases, you may want to set these differently. Remember that these limits show BANK numbers and not preset numbers, so you’ll need to do a little mental math. To limit your FM3 to presets in 000–383, set the “Upper Limit” of both bank switches to “127”. (384 presets ÷ 3 presets per bank = 127 banks). If you want to use only, say, 15 gigging presets, you might set these limits to 5. (15 ÷ 3 = 5)."

I'm using the OMG9 with my FC6. I want to use about 12 presets in the 400 range for gigs. Thanks!

Can someone explain to me setting the upper and lower Bank limits?

"The two press and hold BANK function switches in Layout 1 have options for Upper Limit and Lower Limit. By default, these step through ALL of the preset memory locations on the FM3. In some cases, you may want to set these differently. Remember that these limits show BANK numbers and not preset numbers, so you’ll need to do a little mental math. To limit your FM3 to presets in 000–383, set the “Upper Limit” of both bank switches to “127”. (384 presets ÷ 3 presets per bank = 127 banks). If you want to use only, say, 15 gigging presets, you might set these limits to 5. (15 ÷ 3 = 5)."

I'm using the OMG9 with my FC6. I want to use about 12 presets in the 400 range for gigs. Thanks!
If you’re using OMG9, you’ve probably got Bank Size set to 6. If you set Lower Limit to 66 and Upper Limit to 67, that’ll give you access to presets 402 to 413.

If you can keep your needs to 12 presets or fewer, then you only need access to two banks, and you’ll only need one Bank Up or Bank Down switch, as long as you turn on Wrap.

Back
Top Bottom