Floyd Rose FRX Tremolo

I haven't tried one but I have looked at them pretty hard. I don't see a huge problem with this setup if you have a post type bridge you want to retro over to a Floyd. Looks wise it's a little on the chunky side so there's that, and there is some extra metal that you might have to get used to when you're playing other than that I would consider one if I had a guitar that it would fit on.

I think it's a cool idea.

I've got two guitars setup with Floyd Rose trems. Both are setup floating.

I would say if you've never owned a guitar with a Floyd, then it takes some adjustment to how they work, fine tuning, string bending and some other stuff.

With this Floyd you could try it and back it out with very little harm.

I'm wondering if there is a list of what guitars it will fit? I've seen them fitted to an Gibson SG in the clips, but I'm wondering what Gibson or Epiphone Les Pauls are suitable? ...I have doubts it will suit all ;-)

I'm wondering if there is a list of what guitars it will fit? I've seen them fitted to an Gibson SG in the clips, but I'm wondering what Gibson or Epiphone Les Pauls are suitable? ...I have doubts it will suit all ;-)

Good question.

I think the bridge studs for Gibson tune-o-matic bridges all have the same spacing?

But the bridge angles are not the same. For example, my vintage melody maker, the bridge is standard spacing but at an angle vs. a Les Paul.

I looked at it seriously for a while. I thought it was a little too odd looking and passed. I'd look at the Axcess first. -used.

Good question.

I think the bridge studs for Gibson tune-o-matic bridges all have the same spacing?

But the bridge angles are not the same. For example, my vintage melody maker, the bridge is standard spacing but at an angle vs. a Les Paul.

Per the Floyd Rose site, "NOTE: On some Les Pauls, particularly LP Customs, the neck angle is not sufficient to allow the FRX to work without slight modification to the body. The receiving portion of the spring tension transfer rod on the base plate extends slightly below the bridge and may rest on the body unless a tiny channel is routed."

http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tremolos/6:frx-series/frx-preorder

I wish they had a version of this that I could hook up to my Tronical system by swapping out the saddles.

Back
Top Bottom