Flickering FC-12 mini-displays on reveal-hold

Ingo

Inspired
Has anybody else observed this?

I have put the "reveal-hold" onto switch 7's hold function (leftmost in top row). In the bottom row, I have set the first few switches to NOT have any hold function. Now when I hold switch 7 to reveal, those bottom row switches show the usual dark background on their displays, but with some flickering (sth like a small horizontal line) at (seemingly random) intervals <1s.

This appears to affect only the first contiguous group of switches without any hold function, starting from the first switch. For example, if the first hold function is on switch 5, switches 1..4 exhibit this flickering; if I put any hold function onto switch 1, no switches show any flickering.

Ok, so I'm not mad. It's not a big deal, but it would be great to have an authoritative answer from @FractalAudio: Is this a glitch to be expected or a problem, and can it be fixed or should we just take it as it is? Thanks!

It's just refreshing the empty hold function in case it changes. Nothing to worry about.

That's good to know, thank you!

Being the nitpicky pain that I am, however, that doesn't really explain why the first group of empty hold functions flicker, and "higher" switches w/o hold functions do not.. :) But I know full well that implementation details can manifest themselves in the strangest phenomena.

Anyway, if it's expected, it's fine with me, thanks again.

I noticed that too but it was only happening while I had nothing assigned to it.

Not seeing anymore after I finished programming all switches for both tap and hold functions.

Back
Top Bottom