Flattening the headrush curve

I'm on a Mac. So just click on the q knob and hit enter. The box pops up for numeric entry.
Pretty slick
Gotta love it. I knew there was a way to be able to solve this problem; fortunately I recalled reading it somewhere before and just needed a "helper" to recall it. Gonna call it an evening while we're ahead...don't want any detours now while we're on a good path...

I just got my FM9 yesterday. I am quickly learning things but I can't find the global EQ so that I can set this flattening curve. I can set this up in a PEQ block for each preset but would rather find the global EQ and set it system wide. How do you get to the global EQ? @WKSmith or anyone in the know?

@Jtroop

It's in the settings menu under tools in Edit. The eq and type need to be enabled under the config tab first then the settings are on lower tabs .

This may be off a little, I'm going from memory since I am away from my rig atm

Last edited:
@Jtroop

It's in the settings menu under tools in Edit. The eq and type need to be enacted under the config tab first then the settings are on lower tabs .

This may be off a little, I'm going from memory since I am away from my rig atm

Found it on the unit, thanks! Can this be done in FM9 Edit? I am going to try to pull this up on my laptop

I just got my FM9 yesterday. I am quickly learning things but I can't find the global EQ so that I can set this flattening curve. I can set this up in a PEQ block for each preset but would rather find the global EQ and set it system wide. How do you get to the global EQ? @WKSmith or anyone in the know?

I would only set this EQ for whatever output you have the HR 108's connected to. 1, 2, or 3.

Yes. Or turn the global eq off. It will remember the last used settings for the PEQ
How do you turn it off? Also, are there low and high pass filters on the global eq? Or do you have to set the filters in the cab block for each preset?

How do you turn it off? Also, are there low and high pass filters on the global eq? Or do you have to set the filters in the cab block for each preset?
Under the config tab in settings
The highest and lowest bands in parametric eq are the shelving type for high and low pass.
I use the cab block for that though. This correction is just to fix the headrush to make it behave more like studio monitors.

Yes. Or turn the global eq off. It will remember the last used settings for the PEQ
Found how to turn it off. Are there low and high pass filters on the global eq? Or do you have to set the filters in the cab block for each preset?

A lot of people use the cab block for EQ. Personally I do low cut at ~80hz and Hi cut ~5500kz.
The amp block has a powerful EQ there too, Input EQ tab.
I use the amp eq to boost a little at 125 and a tiny bit at 500 . It helps with amp in the room thump. Maybe too much for recording tho.

For me the cab block is the better place to high and low pass since my need to cut changes pretty drastically when using different cab IRs.

Thanks for the help peeps! I am a first time fractal user. I am coming from the GT-1000 so I have a good grasp on digital modeling. Just have to get down how Fractal does it. I'm off to build my first preset.

Last edited:
Finally have got a free day Saturday to explore my FM9 with the updated FRFR108 EQ settings. Looking forward to this; have also been busy with CC's MasterClass and creating presets...CC goes about it in a way that is step-wise easy to comprehend. The preset building process will be much more streamlined now...

Hey there,

On the headphones the output is not good for my setup, so I changed my headrush 108 out setup to out 3. That worked good, but in the end I came to the discovery I could not play USB audio to the out 3... so bummer for the backingtracks. Even out 2 doesnt work with windows out of the box... grrrr.

Here is a PEQ block that is exactly the settings from the global EQ for the 108. On headphones it is bypassed and when using the 108 I enable it.
Now all is going through OUT1 and working just fine

Cheers

Nice! Where in the chain are you placing the PEQ?

Back
Top Bottom