FIXED: Switch to VU page on Ax8 from Ax8-Edit

EricBic

I usually have the Ax8 on the floor next to me while i edit patches in Ax8-Edit on my laptop sitting at my desk. Would be great to be able to switch to the VU screen on the Ax8 from Ax8-Edit, that way i can just look down to check my levels without having to bend down to press multiple buttons to get to the VU page which at the same time causes Ax8-Edit to paus. This would great improve my workflow. The same goes for turning the metronome on/off. Thanks!

just to clarify, i don't need the VU meter in Ax8-Edit, only the ability to switch to that screen on the Ax8.

/Eric

I usually have the Ax8 on the floor next to me while i edit patches in Ax8-Edit on my laptop sitting at my desk. Would be great to be able to switch to the VU screen on the Ax8 from Ax8-Edit, that way i can just look down to check my levels without having to bend down to press multiple buttons to get to the VU page which at the same time causes Ax8-Edit to paus. This would great improve my workflow. The same goes for turning the metronome on/off. Thanks!

just to clarify, i don't need the VU meter in Ax8-Edit, only the ability to switch to that screen on the Ax8.

/Eric
Hallelujah! Shoot me in the dick. I would love this feature! Makes sense to me! Pisses me off every time I have to go back to it.

I can't find the VU screen on my AX8. When i use the navigation: shift-store, and choose #3 utility, i no longer have a VU page in the tabs. Did it move somewhere else with V4.00?

It moved in the 3.x firmware: it's a page on the main screen. Hit Shift+Page (to go back one page) from the footswitch page and I think you'll get it.

(Not in front of my unit so someone can correct me).

I can't find the VU screen on my AX8. When i use the navigation: shift-store, and choose #3 utility, i no longer have a VU page in the tabs. Did it move somewhere else with V4.00?
always a good idea to open the Release Notes that are included with every firmware download and read them. if you are looking for something, most PDF readers have a Search function and you can type in what you're looking for to see if it's there in the notes from previous firmware as well.

from the 3.02 notes:

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 4.41.25 PM.png

the highlight over VU is what i searched for.

always a good idea to open the Release Notes that are included with every firmware download and read them. if you are looking for something, most PDF readers have a Search function and you can type in what you're looking for to see if it's there in the notes from previous firmware as well.

from the 3.02 notes:

View attachment 35080

the highlight over VU is what i searched for.

Yes, good advice. That said, I think the AX8 Owner's Manual should be updated accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom