[fixed] random tuner problem since FW 12

Piing

Axe-Master
I've already reported this at the FW12.08 thread but there was no solution, so I better collect all the details here.

Since the latest upgrade, very frequently the tuner is either not responsive or displaying random notes and not following the pitch at all.

Sometimes it is solved after restarting the Axe-FX, sometimes it starts working after a while, very frequently it doesn't work at all for hours, no matter what I try.

I have tried different guitars and different cables. Also the Axe-FX rear In1

It happens with all my 4 guitars, and it is worst when using the bridge pickup. It is terrible, almost never working, when playing with a Fender American Deluxe with a Seymour Duncan SSL-5 at the bridge. It is better with humbucker pickups, but still displaying wrong values occasionally

I have reverted to FW11 and this is not happening. The tuner is accurate with all my guitars in all pickup positions

Here is a video. All tuner configurations are default. Mute is off, so you can hear the guitar through the Axe-FX

At that video it is irresponsive to all strings, but sometimes it works with strings 4 to 6 (with occasional flaws) but not with 1-2-3.

At this video it is not too bad on strings 3 to 6 (occasional flaws) but totally wrong on strings 1 and 2

Painkiller has also noted this problem
I have this too, but only with some guitars. The tuner works perfectly with most of my guitars, but I have two guitars with longer scales. Only with these guitars the tuner jumps as in your video or doesn't react at all (coincidence or scale dependent?), but only on the "b" and "high e" string. It's a bit better with the neck pickup than with the bridge pickup and also better when I pick very lightly. I have this since a few firmware revisions and it doesn't happen with other tuners (Korg Pitchblack and Peterson Strobostomp).

Last edited:
It is working now. Thank you for the fix.

And there is a great improvement at the tuner. Since the Axe-FX Standard I could never use the strobe tuner. It was always moving "randomly". Now, for the first time, I can adjust both the arrows and the strobe at the same time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom