(FIXED) All Lights On/Corrupted Screen Boot Error

Electric Sausage

So, I haven't changed anything on my Axe FX II, however when I booted it up today, all of the lights were on, the screen was corrupted, and it would not properly boot.

tumblr_o7acb3W9sp1rqnehco1_1280.jpg

Has this happened to anyone else, and is there a fix?

Hopefully it isn't a huge hardware issue, this is pretty much a new AXE FX.

I'd guess from the picture that this is an original Axe FX II and not the XL(+) version... therefore assuming you purchased direct from FAS I'd suggest you contact Fractal Support and see whether a replacement EPROM is needed.

http://support.fractalaudio.com/

I would use the support contact that is stickied at the top of the page. If it's new, it should be covered under warranty. Sucks though. Did you have a power surge or something?

I may have had a surge yesterday, but the Axe FX wasn't on. And I got it used from somebody local, but he never even used it, at all, and it was just sitting around as a backup.

It sucks when you get equipment failure of any sort but how on earth could somebody have an Axe FX and never even use it?

Either way, contact support and take it from there... without that, you are just guessing as to the problem. At worst you may have to send it for a repair but whether that costs you anything is open to question....

I may have had a surge yesterday, but the Axe FX wasn't on. And I got it used from somebody local, but he never even used it, at all, and it was just sitting around as a backup.
If you are NOT the original owner, the FAS warranty is no longer valid.
I'd contact support anyway.. they may suggest that you remove the cover and check the cables, etc. are seated!

If you are NOT the original owner, the FAS warranty is no longer valid.
I'd contact support anyway.. they may suggest that you remove the cover and check the cables, etc. are seated!
I don't think an Axe-FX II Mark I (Original) is under warranty, that's being the original owner or not.

As everyone else suggested before, contact Support.

I don't think an Axe-FX II Mark I (Original) is under warranty, that's being the original owner or not.

As everyone else suggested before, contact Support.
Good point.. but even it IF it was an XL/XL+/FX8/AX8.. then the warranty would be null and void for 2nd purchaser.. My point being that only the original owner gets a warranty.

UPDATE : So if I hold the recall button when booting, I can get through to the main tone bank, however whenever I turn the value knob to scroll through, the unit pretty much crashes.

UPDATE : So if I hold the recall button when booting, I can get through to the main tone bank, however whenever I turn the value knob to scroll through, the unit pretty much crashes.
See if you can do bank backups and re-install the firmware (after checking which version is installed).. might resolve your problem.

That could mean the initial preset it is trying to load is corrupted. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Delete that preset and see if that fixes it.

That could mean the initial preset it is trying to load is corrupted. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Delete that preset and see if that fixes it.

What he said. I would try that 1st. Sounds like a corrupt preset.

^This.
Maybe the whole bank is corrupted in some way.

Try this. Power-up the unit while pressing RECALL (as you did before) and once the unit is fully booted, press the STORE key and then the ENTER key two times. That will store the blank preset in the current slot. Then power-off and boot again normally (without pressing RECALL).

If that works, then try to switch presets. If the unit freezes when you change to another preset, you should overwrite all the corrputed presets with a blank one.

If you've never used the unit before I would overwrite them all.

Alright, bypassed the screen, overwrote the preset, now it works fine!

Thanks so much guys!

Glad to see it was just a preset and not a huge hardware issue, hahahaha!

Alright, bypassed the screen, overwrote the preset, now it works fine!

Thanks so much guys!

Glad to see it was just a preset and not a huge hardware issue, hahahaha!
I would also suggest, if you haven't done any or many configurations or changes to your unit, it is always good to factory reset and load the latest firmware and presets.
go here and pick the latest for your model: http://www.fractalaudio.com/firmware-presets.php

Back
Top Bottom