First UR clip and review + SICK new METAL IR pack coming SOOOOON

Sounds great Kevin - just to clarify, each of those 9 options is available as a separate purchase? Or is it all the Mesa's in one pack? Or all 9 in one pack?

The intro release is going to be 9 products/libraries:

- Diezel rear loaded 4x12 with an 8 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Diezel rear loaded 4x12 with a 16 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Diezel rear loaded 4x12 with an English Vintage 30

- Engl Pro 4x12 with an 8 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Engl Pro 4x12 with a 16 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Engl Pro 4x12 with an English Vintage 30

- Mesa Standard ("oversized") 4x12 with an 8 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Mesa Standard ("oversized") 4x12 with a 16 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Mesa Standard ("oversized") 4x12 with an English Vintage 30

These are kind of a mash up of the concepts and techniques from the V1/V2 libraries and the MIX libraries, for those who are able to follow my slightly eccentric way of categorizing feature sets and sampling methodologies. :lol

I have around 10 4x12 cabs and almost 50 speakers (however I'd say only 15-20 would be usable for high gain applications and those would be the only ones I'd do for the high gain centric libraries), so over time the amount of content is going to be absurd. I'm still working out the final details, but the above isn't going to change and I feel comfortable with putting that out there at the present time.

The intro release is going to be 9 products/libraries:

- Diezel rear loaded 4x12 with an 8 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Diezel rear loaded 4x12 with a 16 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Diezel rear loaded 4x12 with an English Vintage 30

- Engl Pro 4x12 with an 8 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Engl Pro 4x12 with a 16 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Engl Pro 4x12 with an English Vintage 30

- Mesa Standard ("oversized") 4x12 with an 8 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Mesa Standard ("oversized") 4x12 with a 16 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Mesa Standard ("oversized") 4x12 with an English Vintage 30

These are kind of a mash up of the concepts and techniques from the V1/V2 libraries and the MIX libraries, for those who are able to follow my slightly eccentric way of categorizing feature sets and sampling methodologies. :lol

I have around 10 4x12 cabs and almost 50 speakers (however I'd say only 15-20 would be usable for high gain applications and those would be the only ones I'd do for the high gain centric libraries), so over time the amount of content is going to be absurd. I'm still working out the final details, but the above isn't going to change and I feel comfortable with putting that out there at the present time.

PHuUuUuUkKkK ME!

Will you just hurry up and take my money already!?! :D

Glad things are getting back on track for ya. I'm waiting to do my part in helping get your biz back in black.

Can't wait for these myself... I've been struggling a bit lately with my hi gain tones. I actually bought myself a 5153 combo last week and I can't get that gunshot like open e riffage out of my Axe... maybe these will help. Sorry for your rough times Kev, been there. What doesn't kill you... that's what I cling to. Thanks for your work ethic and devotion to creating these tools for us!

I thought that English V30's were preferable over the Chinese made ones?

Or is that all rubbish?

I think it depends on the speaker.

The Chinese ones can be a bit "tighter" and more aggressive for modern styles.

While the English ones are a bit rounder and good for old school.

My ex-wife sent me and my 1 and 2 year old boys 2500 miles to drop a bomb shell
Aside from copping with losing her, I lost everything except the duffle bag of clothes on me, and now faced being a single parent
Nothing in life prepares for such occasions.
I found it similar to dealing with death, except a touch worse in a way (not to diminish death in anyway)
Death is a natural part of life, this is not, this is some man made sick joke. She was gone because she didn't love us anymore, and that last part can weigh pretty damn heavy.
In my case, she was gone and that was that. But I imagine in most cases, when it's all out war, the weight just piles on.
In death, everyone is there for you, they literally ache for you.
With this.... not so much, "she's gone, get over it" is the common theme.
Aside from being the first person in my family to get a tattoo, I was also the first to go through this.
My family felt it wasn't possible for a mother to do this and called bullshit on me. Ya, well she did, so fuck off....
You do learn who your real friends are, the rest, fuck off....
It's quite the dizzying experience, it's hard to move forward, when you have no idea which way is forward.
But your feet still carry on, and you move forward.

Life does go on
I'm sure there are many of us that really feel for you
Been down that road, and never want venture that way again, nor wish it on my worst enemy

Please take care

Now I really look forward to this package.
I can see a lot of pain went into making it, it's going to make it all that more awesome and HEAVY

Yeah, all these comments of support will make your latest products bitter sweet, as they have probably required more work than any other, when you factor in mental stress.

I know what it's like to suddenly lose your wife and kids, although my loss was self inflicted, it doesn't make it any easier feeling alone and worthless.

We should set up a support group for people going through separation and divorce with the Axe Fx as a recognised therapy. I know that I wouldn't be here, if it weren't for my music and you lot. :D

Thanks guys, trying to keep my head up, or at least enough to put my nose to the grindstone, which hasn't been easy of late. Recent events have turned things yet again, but I'm alive and will survive; OwnHammer work and the support from everyone has given me strength and focus and for that I thank you all so much.

ngstime - that sounds absolutely terrible, however I'm very glad you made it through. It is unbelievable how inhumane humans can be, it never ceases to amaze me to be honest...

Sounds great Kevin - just to clarify, each of those 9 options is available as a separate purchase? Or is it all the Mesa's in one pack? Or all 9 in one pack?

All separate sales items, so 9 in total for now, with multitudes to come in the future. Doing it this way will allow greater possibilities for offerings and increase the rate at which libraries can be made available.

I thought that English V30's were preferable over the Chinese made ones?

Or is that all rubbish?

All personal preference, I think in the beta group most liked the V30-CH-08. However this was before I sampled the V30-CH-16, which is my personal favorite with the Studio-08 IR (will make more sense soon), power amp choice dependent upon the source.

All I have left is to redo the PDF docs and some store system elements. These will drop VERY soon.

nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom........ with extra nom

Which of the Cabs/speakers were used in the OP's recording?

Main rhythms are the Chinese V30 8ohm studio mix 5 EL34
Quad tracks are the same speaker etc. with the Diezel cab
Leads are the UR V30 Marshall included with FW13

Fuck yeah Kevin! Everyone have fun with these. I just used them on a mix for a ridiculous shredder, still blowing my skirt up errday.

Never used cablab/ultra res yet.

EDIT: Just found my answer on the ownhammer site

OP: when you say studio mix, have you used cablab to blend a couple of the different cabs together?
How do you tackle phasing issues when blending IRs?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom