First UR clip and review + SICK new METAL IR pack coming SOOOOON

Sacha

Inspired

First recording since the Ultra-Res came out, it's been a BIG step for me personally, just gets the low end feel and overall tone way better and more akin to a mic'd cab in a room IMO! Regular IRs had the right frequency response but felt / sounded more flat and now that has been mitigated. I got shit on last time I posted my thoughts on this but I'm sticking to it! :)

PS the IRs used in this track are from a new METAL specific pack that is going to blow your balls right off. FINALLY someone with an ear for Metal tones recorded the right cabs, with the right speakers, with the right mics and they are KILLER and coming out very soon. I believe these will become the new standard in Metal IRs they are that good to me and have replaced all my previous choices.

PSS if you dig the track check out my band Every Hour Kills: https://www.facebook.com/EveryHourKills

Historically, I am NOT a metal guy ... but after listening to this ... WOW!!! :encouragement:

All hail the definition and clarity of UltraRes! :encouragement:

BTW - Sasha - that clip is just sick - all hail Every Hour Kills too! :encouragement:

EDIT: OK - darn it - after listening to this I am probably going to have to go out a buy a new guitar for metal too ... so what did you use Sasha? 7-string? 8-string? Special tuning? Post a preset? :-|

Damn! :nightmare: I didn't want to be a metal guy! :evil

I'm a grandpa! :nightmare: Wad-dam-I gonna call my band? :nightmare:

Grampstallica? MegaGramps? AC/DependsC? :evil

Re: Ownhammer :http://www.ownhammer.com/news/ :)

Last edited:

First recording since the Ultra-Res came out, it's been a BIG step for me personally, just gets the low end feel and overall tone way better and more akin to a mic'd cab in a room IMO! Regular IRs had the right frequency response but felt / sounded more flat and now that has been mitigated. I got shit on last time I posted my thoughts on this but I'm sticking to it! :)

PS the IRs used in this track are from a new METAL specific pack that is going to blow your balls right off. FINALLY someone with an ear for Metal tones recorded the right cabs, with the right speakers, with the right mics and they are KILLER and coming out very soon. I believe these will become the new standard in Metal IRs they are that good to me and have replaced all my previous choices.

PSS if you dig the track check out my band Every Hour Kills: https://www.facebook.com/EveryHourKills

Either that's some really nifty gating or i'd hate to be the guy that did all the volume fades on the guitar tracks.

Sheesh!

Great tune btw. Thanks for allowing downloads, I'm pissing off the neighbours with it. :)

Damnzzzz can't wait! Is there an ETA?
And is anyone here allowed to give some more info?
I would like to know of the cabs feature more different speakers per cab like the modern marshall mixes?
If that's the case that would just be amazing!
Either way Im buying!

By the way, I totally agree with Sacha about UR IR's sounding and feeling better than high rez IR's.

Damnzzzz can't wait! Is there an ETA?
And is anyone here allowed to give some more info?
I would like to know of the cabs feature more different speakers per cab like the modern marshall mixes?
If that's the case that would just be amazing!
Either way Im buying!

By the way, I totally agree with Sacha about UR IR's sounding and feeling better than high rez IR's.

You won't be disappointed. What is coming, I've heard will be a high gain player's wet dream.

Thanks for listening guyz! Get stoked for these IRs, as far as I know they are coming very soon.

Historically, I am NOT a metal guy ... but after listening to this ... WOW!!! :encouragement:

All hail the definition and clarity of UltraRes! :encouragement:

BTW - Sasha - that clip is just sick - all hail Every Hour Kills too! :encouragement:

EDIT: OK - darn it - after listening to this I am probably going to have to go out a buy a new guitar for metal too ... so what did you use Sasha? 7-string? 8-string? Special tuning? Post a preset? :-|

Damn! :nightmare: I didn't want to be a metal guy! :evil

I'm a grandpa! :nightmare: Wad-dam-I gonna call my band? :nightmare:

Grampstallica? MegaGramps? AC/DependsC? :evil

Re: Ownhammer :OwnHammer.com - News :)

Haha, I'm old too. I used a Carvin 8 string in standard tuning with EMG 808s on this. The preset is really nothing special, no advanced settings or anything crazy at all, just set up like I would a real rig: Tubescreamer for boost > 5150III > Mesa cab. Tweak to taste.

Either that's some really nifty gating or i'd hate to be the guy that did all the volume fades on the guitar tracks.

Sheesh!

Great tune btw. Thanks for allowing downloads, I'm pissing off the neighbours with it. :)

That guy is me, and there's a lot of things about this I hate doing lol but it's always cool hearing it finished in the end when all the hours form into something tangible

Good stuff, as are the clips on your SoundCloud page! (The #Brostep #DjentCore clip is particularly metal.) Any plans to release an album?

Back
Top Bottom