First Ultra Freeze up

Radley

Experienced
I had my first freeze up with my Ultra this morning (it had been on for about a week). No big deal, I just turned it off & back on and everything was fine. Is this normal, or should I be concerned? I have been tweaking a lot so I can see how it might have 'messed with the system' over time.

Thanks in advance,
~Rad~

It happens.

Ive had my Ultra for well over a year now & have had it freeze once or twice. I turn mine off after every use though. Im not sure if thats good, bad, or make no difference. Same as you, I cycled the power & everything was good again.

Remove it from the fridge or remove the HC. It knows when one comes close to it :p ;)
I cannot believe the kind of tests people will put the Axe through...! :roll: :lol: ;)

Hope I never get one cause it will bring back the sad memories of my GSP-2101 resetting all the time.

Between two units, I think mine have had a needs-a-reboot freeze just twice in the year+ of owning them (and at least one is turned on most of the time). I actually have a photo of the second time (according to the photo date, late january 2009) -- weird artifacts left on the layout screen. It's probably nothing to worry about, but if it *keeps* happening, do let support know... could be a loose connection.

I've had my Standard for about 7 months, and the only freeze ups I got was when I was using the old editor, and that was only about 3 times (was adjusting paramaters). I've never had it lock up any other time.

Mark

The first time I turned my standard on, in June or July 2007, it froze. It was a frequent occurrence. I wasn't overly alarmed, and with firmware upgrades and time the behavior disappeared. It hadn't frozen in a long long time until last week after installing 7.12, for some reason my Top Boost patch froze it up 5 or 6 times in a row, shortly after switching to that patch. Only the one patch, others seemed to be fine. After editing the patch and tweaking some minor thing it hasn't reoccurred. I'm sure its a software thing.

Thanks guys - sounds like it can happen, but very infrequently and mainly during tweaking, not while performing. I don't consider this a concern & probably when I update to 7.15 it will be history. Gotta love those updates! :p

~Rad~

vAmp said:
Remove it from the fridge or remove the HC. It knows when one comes close to it :p ;)
I cannot believe the kind of tests people will put the Axe through...! :roll: :lol: ;)

Hope I never get one cause it will bring back the sad memories of my GSP-2101 resetting all the time.

ROTFL! :lol: :shock: :lol: How did you know I store it in my fridge?

I was in a serious deep-tweaking mode turning knobs fast & furious - maybe the AFX felt 'abused' :cry: I would not let this keep you from getting an AFX because Cliff will never let any serious problems stand, and he's very responsive with fixes & updates - the overall 'tube-signature' of the modeling is absolutely the best.

~Rad~

Radley said:
Thanks guys - sounds like it can happen, but very infrequently and mainly during tweaking, not while performing. I don't consider this a concern & probably when I update to 7.15 it will be history. Gotta love those updates! :p

~Rad~
Other than with the editor, it shouldn't freeze up at all. If it does, generally it a bug. If you can recreate it it usually can be fixed quickly.

javajunkie said:
Radley said:

~Rad~
Other than with the editor, it shouldn't freeze up at all. If it does, generally it a bug. If you can recreate it it usually can be fixed quickly.

This would indicate a minor software bug? I guess I should pay attention to what I'm tweaking if it happens again (I'm still on 7.12).

Radley said:
javajunkie said:
Radley said:

~Rad~

This would indicate a minor software bug? I guess I should pay attention to what I'm tweaking if it happens again (I'm still on 7.12).

Probably, some of them are harder than others to nail down but if you can Cliff usually gets them in a day or 2.

Back
Top Bottom