First testdrive with the II - Strat & Cornford Sim

Fantastic chops, feeling and playing!!!

I've listened to your work before on the Ultra. This tone definitely seems more organic. What's your take on the II?

Thanks for sharing!!

Man you are the man, I mean man! You're the man, man!
Terrific phrasing! Compared to your Ultra tones it seems that the Axe II is more singing in the mids and less harsh while retainig bite.

Hi,

wow, thanks fellows for the kind words!

To be honest, I didn't spend much time with the Axe II yet, I just had it in our rehearsal room for a few hours this week to recreate my band / live patches (but those are for 80s hard rock stuff with my Les pauls, I seldom use those sounds for recording) but what I can tell for now is how amazingly easy it is to dial in "your" tone – the amp models all have a greater useable gain range and sound in deed VERY organic, especially the Plexi, 6150 is awesome for fat rock/metal things and the SLO, Bogner and the Marshas (Friedman) are plain awesome!

The Cornford patch I used for this take was just a "headphone" recreation of one of my favorite Ultra Strat patches, I didn't have the chance to set it up in the rehearsal room yet(over my MESA 2:100 and a 4x12, thats how I create my patches normally), but for a headphone setting I think it sounds ok so far! 8)

Andreas

Back
Top Bottom