First Rehearsal with CLR Actives

javajunkie

Bottom line, its a keeper.

I keep it short and sweet.

Both the CLR and the RCF sound nice and balanced. The low end was a bit smoother to me on the CLR (at least in the room I was in). I was using FF mode on a speaker stand.

The CLR's mid range sounds really good. With some of the speakers I have tried, the mid range sounded to nasally or scoop. The CLR just feels right.

The CLR is definitely heavier than the RCFs - not a deal breaker for me.

The CLR actieved harmonic feedback so much easier than the RCF and even at lower volumes it was much easier to get guitar/amp interaction happening.

It also let me get feedback easily w/o squealing.

For me this is main selling point. The feedback and guitar/amp interaction feels much more like a real cab than the RCF did.

I am certainly going to be playing through these.

Glad you're digging them too :)

The feedback was what had me hooked almost immediately.

[thumbsup!!]
Mo

Just unpacked my passive wedges...hmm not feeling well now. Might be too sick to return to work after lunch.:D

Definitely a highly contagious strain of the flu going around. Per the CDC, new CLRs appear to be the primary carrier.

Bottom line, its a keeper.

I keep it short and sweet.

Both the CLR and the RCF sound nice and balanced. The low end was a bit smoother to me on the CLR (at least in the room I was in). I was using FF mode on a speaker stand.

The CLR's mid range sounds really good. With some of the speakers I have tried, the mid range sounded to nasally or scoop. The CLR just feels right.

The CLR is definitely heavier than the RCFs - not a deal breaker for me.

The CLR actieved harmonic feedback so much easier than the RCF and even at lower volumes it was much easier to get guitar/amp interaction happening.

It also let me get feedback easily w/o squealing.

For me this is main selling point. The feedback and guitar/amp interaction feels much more like a real cab than the RCF did.

I am certainly going to be playing through these.

Sean,

Did you get the cab or wedge? Did you sell your RCFs locally?

Dave

and I'm on the list :)
I figure if this thing is as good as you say
running one of these in stereo with my RCF wedge would be prefereable to running
the RCF in Stereo with the JSX combo. I figure I have 15 days to give it a whirl.

Sean,

Did you get the cab or wedge? Did you sell your RCFs locally?

Dave

I got the cab (thought I'd go with a little more traditional look. I have not sold my RCFs. I haven't decided if I am going to. They are great monitors.

I have been playing CD's through it at my leisure. Somewhere in the back of my mind I must be thinking break in period.
Honestly - I broke that hymen the first day. Hence the foot print on top.

Hey Sean, I'm sending some of my buddy's to check out your shows and to let me know how the CLR sounds as I wait for mine. 8)

Back
Top Bottom