First post - I really want to try an Axe-FX - London, UK!

Orvillain

Power User
Hey all,

First of all I know this is my first post. I play in this band: http://www.myspace.com/tacomanarrowsbridgedisaster

We're based in London, UK, and well... I really want to try an Axe-FX out for a few hours if possible. Is anyone here based in London, and wouldn't mind hooking up with me to show me their Axe-FX?

Sorry for the randomness. Quite excited by everything I've heard, but I really want to hear it myself before I make any rash decisions about selling all my gear and buying an Axe-FX!! :mrgreen:

Re: First post - I really want to try an Axe-FX - London, UK

Yep, hook up with octatonic (James). I spent a day with him a month or so back (he was new to the Axe then). top bloke, Top player, MOUNTAINS of kit, and happy to share. Hes NW London.

Aye - Gonna hook up with him a bit later today actually!

Well... what can I say. I'm sold!!

We went through tons of stuff, and it was really informative. James/Jim is a super nice guy, down to earth and knows his shit - rare for a guitarist! :lol:

Anyway... I think I was most impressed with (if I remember rightly) the Uberschall model. Tons of gain, but sounded amazing. James took me through his setup, and I think the way he runs it is basically the same as I would want to run it too.

I love the flexibility and depth on offer. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is carving out a tone when at a rehearsal. But I think once I got used to using it, it wouldn't be too much of a problem. Plus I could just take a laptop with me to make it even quicker.

I doubt I could afford the sweet VHT power amp he's running - not right now anyway - but he mentioned some Class D power amplifiers that are in the works. Sounded interesting.

The point I'm at now is basically trying to figure out how to get the money together. My first brief calculations would suggest I could afford it by November/December. Would consider getting a second hand one too, so I'll keep my eye out!

Big thanks to James for allowing me to come round and checkout his Axe FX!

No worries Andy, happy to help out and show the rig off.

Back
Top Bottom