First gig with the AX8 tonight

I have gigged twice with mine and love it! Great compliments on the tone and only minor top of unit pre set tweaks to compensate for venues sound differences.

I do need to tame some of the brightness but that's to be expected as I used the AX8 at gig volumes for the first time. This unit is unbelievable.

Some guy comes up to me asking where my amps were as he said you have Marshalls and Fenders in there are are nailing the tones. When I told him it was all digital simply coming through the PA his jaw dropped.

My setup is simple - a QSC K10 as both the guitar and vocal monitor (I am the lead singer also) and straight out through the PA (QSC KW122's over KW181's). I run sound from the stage so I went out front to check it out and it sounded great.

I have a preset with a clean Bassman sound that I use the footpedal to add a little amp dirt too. Then I also have a TS808 and a Rat on that same preset, x/y delays and some reverb. Then a filter block as a volume boost. That's my most used preset. I also have a Marshall preset for those 80's sounds as well as a HIWATT preset for Who stuff and a couple of U2 presets.

All in all this thing is great and I am very happy with it.

I do need to tame some of the brightness but that's to be expected as I used the AX8 at gig volumes for the first time. This unit is unbelievable.

Some guy comes up to me asking where my amps were as he said you have Marshalls and Fenders in there are are nailing the tones. When I told him it was all digital simply coming through the PA his jaw dropped.

My setup is simple - a QSC K10 as both the guitar and vocal monitor (I am the lead singer also) and straight out through the PA (QSC KW122's over KW181's). I run sound from the stage so I went out front to check it out and it sounded great.

I have a preset with a clean Bassman sound that I use the footpedal to add a little amp dirt too. Then I also have a TS808 and a Rat on that same preset, x/y delays and some reverb. Then a filter block as a volume boost. That's my most used preset. I also have a Marshall preset for those 80's sounds as well as a HIWATT preset for Who stuff and a couple of U2 presets.

All in all this thing is great and I am very happy with it.

IME K10's are very bright. IOW, tweak for the mains, not your monitor.

Excellent advice. Played at the exact same venue last night too and dropped the 2k-3k frequencies a few db's on the monitor mix and it was perfect. And also checked FOH and it did not need any adjustment.

This unit does not disappoint.

IME K10's are very bright. IOW, tweak for the mains, not your monitor.

I second this. I was using a k10 till I got an Asm-12. The k10 is a good working man's speaker but can be harsh in the top end. I dumped everything 7k and above in the cab block using hi-cut. Sometimes I would also cover the tweeter with gaff tape depending of the room was very bright or the stage/surface wasn't carpeted etc.

I really don't care too much what the tone is coming at me onstage - other than the brightness I had the first night - as I use the K10 monitor for both my vocals and the guitar. My main concern is FOH. That's why I'm sticking with the K10. As long as I hear the right notes I'm good to go.

Back
Top Bottom