First gig with AX8

Atte

Inspired
So today is my first gig using the AX8, are there any things I should consider?

I have made my preset using a big PA at a loud volume and made my scenes very straight forward. I also have the FX out on my preset just in case I need flexibility regarding monitoring. I'm not taking any monitor but I'm pretty sure they have quite decent monitoring at the venue. If not, I can go from fx out to another band's amp's fx return, so that should cover the monitoring.
What else should I prepare for?

Just go with house monitors and set yourself comfortable. If not adequate go for your other options, in addition to or without house monitors.

Thanks for your replies. I feel a lot more confident. One thing to note is also that I went pretty light on the delays just in case. For me it's better to have too little than too much.

Glad it went well. Try using Global EQ 1 or 2 depending on which outputs you are using to make on the fly EQ tweaks.

Talk to the FOH engineers (if you can) after each successful show and ask them what they had to do to your channel(s). And then make those tweaks to your preset(s). Over time they will evolve into some (pretty much) mix ready preset(s).

Talk to the FOH engineers (if you can) after each successful show and ask them what they had to do to your channel(s). And then make those tweaks to your preset(s). Over time they will evolve into some (pretty much) mix ready preset(s).

That's some great advice! I'll start doing that.

That's some great advice! I'll start doing that.
Take some of what they say with a grain of salt. But if it sounds like they are being honest, Make some changes, change your High and/or Low Cuts in the Cab block. increase or decrease your Reverb/Delays levels, lead boosts, relative levels between preset/scenes, etc...............

At some point, all they will need to do is some small tweaks for their system and room.

Best advice ever. I always get in the sound guys ear after a gig and get their opinion, and the last handful of shows I've done they've all said "sounds great". A great way to help your presets evolve.

Yep great advice. When I first started gigging the AX8 I would ask after every show if they made any tweeks and I consistently got "Not much just some minor cuts in your extreme lows and highs" so I went into my Global EQ and made cuts at the extreme low and high bands basically creating a frown curve at the outer bands and since then most soundguys don't have to touch my channel.

Yep great advice. When I first started gigging the AX8 I would ask after every show if they made any tweeks and I consistently got "Not much just some minor cuts in your extreme lows and highs" so I went into my Global EQ and made cuts at the extreme low and high bands basically creating a frown curve at the outer bands and since then most soundguys don't have to touch my channel.

Cool to hear! I'll start doing that asap.

Back
Top Bottom