First Gig with 2 AX8's

jcikotas1

Here is a clip to my band's first gig with both guitar players using our AX8's for the first time. Both of us are direct in through the PA. I have used Fractal gear for the last 6 years starting with an Axe FX Ultra and most recently the FX8. I am loving the AX8 and how easy it is to use. Also loving the selection of amps and effects, waiting for Quantum firmware to make it sound even better!

Great post, video & band!

Can you talk a little bit about the number of presets you guys run for an entire show? Or, maybe just a little bit of "Lessons Learned" for your live/cover band situation?

I play in a local cover band as the only guitar player & will go "Full AX8" when my name is called!

Again, great clip & sweet band!

Peace! X-Mann

PS - Tell your singer I said "Sup" too!

Great post, video & band!

Can you talk a little bit about the number of presets you guys run for an entire show? Or, maybe just a little bit of "Lessons Learned" for your live/cover band situation?

I play in a local cover band as the only guitar player & will go "Full AX8" when my name is called!

Again, great clip & sweet band!

Peace! X-Mann

PS - Tell your singer I said "Sup" too!

I'm the guitar on the left in the video and I am running 3 banks of 4 presets. We play 4 sets with a lot of different songs and I play more of the effects driven parts like the talk box part in "Livin on a prayer." Overall I use about 9 different presets. I don't turn on or off effects much so I prefer using the AX8 that way as opposed to using scenes or X/Y. The other guitar player uses 4-5 presets and is set up the same way. He also used to have a wah pedal but is very happy with the auto wah in the AX8 that sounds great in songs like "play that funky music" and "Sweet Child O' Mine"

Thanks for posting . . AX8 sounds good considering what this was recorded with. What is in your rack and do you have any backline sound? How did you get Jennifer Lopez's sister to sing in your group?:p

Thanks for posting . . AX8 sounds good considering what this was recorded with. What is in your rack and do you have any backline sound? How did you get Jennifer Lopez's sister to sing in your group?:p
Yeah, this is just the sound captured by the camera. Bass Amp miked on stage and drums are the only instruments not direct into the PA

I'm the handsome bald guitar player in this band. :) I set my AX8 in scene mode where buttons 1-4 control 4 presets; clean, crunch, dirty and lead. Buttons 5-8 are set so I can turn on or off chorus, flanger, a wah set up as an auto wah and my delay. Buttons 5-8 stay the same for each preset so I don't get confused. Gets me through the entire gig, approx 40 songs. Direct into the PA and our sound guy runs the guitars flat so it doesn't color our sound. No back line at all, zero stage noise. I monitor through in ears. I can't believe I wasn't using Fractal sooner.

Back
Top Bottom