First Gig FM3 into Katana WOW

Ive tried a few FRFR monitors and never liked anything about it. I don't know if I didn't spend enough time with it...I don't know. I tried Line 6 power cab, Friedman ASM. Compared to a real cab everything was lifeless, sterile, etc. Years back the Fractal guys were at the NYC amp show...which was actually in a NJ hotel. They had the Axe on FRFR and I figured they knew how to set it up, Cliff was there. Ehhh, it was ok, going into the other amp rooms and playing a real tube amp setup was really no comparison for in the room sound. The weak links in the chain are everything after the Axe-FX. The best in the room I've heard my FM3 was into a Mesa Mark IV return on a 4x12, of course it sounded really close to the actual amps preamp. I like the idea of FRFR and at home I use a pair of JBL's which are fine to sit in front of. I do have a pair of Mesa 1x12 cabinets so I'm probably going to start trying power amps out. Now I'll go down the rabbit hole of class D vs A/B vs tube. I know the FM3 into a tube power amp into real cabs can duplicate the Mesa Mark IV so I'll just go from there most likely.

Back
Top Bottom