AFIII First attempt at recording

cardinal

Inspired

Just noodingly/riffing through my presets. Deluxe Reverb, added a RAT. Then Brit 800, added an SD-1. Next 5150, added an 808. Followed by the C+. Last was the Recto1 Red Modern, added the 808.

Feedback welcome (other than the playing, which I know needs some work!). Think it's sounding ok but the 5150 seems maybe too overdriven or something.

Nice! Everything sounds pretty great! I agree, the 5150 is a bit much. Which model is it? I’d try slappin’ the Mesa 5-band EQ in the amp block on it and pull some of the lower mids/mids out until it tightened up.

You normally don’t hear a Dual Rec sounding tighter up front that a 5150!

Nice! Everything sounds pretty great! I agree, the 5150 is a bit much. Which model is it? I’d try slappin’ the Mesa 5-band EQ in the amp block on it and pull some of the lower mids/mids out until it tightened up.

You normally don’t hear a Dual Rec sounding tighter up front that a 5150!
Will give that a try to tame the 5150 sim (it's the 6505 Block or whatever it's called). Thanks!

Will give that a try to tame the 5150 sim (it's the 6505 Block or whatever it's called). Thanks!

That’s one of my ‘Everything At Noon’ amps (6160 Block) ! I’ve been putting together a couple presets that have 4 amps in each, all that work great right at noon and that’s one of them. I‘ve been a big proponent of finding the right IR before adjusting anything in the amp block and THAT particular amp is pretty much the reason why.

I’m in Mass right now but I’m flying back home to Florida in a couple hours. I’ll post a clip of my 6160 patch so you can hear what I’m talkin’ about. I literally didn’t touch a thing in the amp block/advanced parameters, I don’t even think I did the hi/lo cuts in the cab block and it‘s a ripper!

That’s one of my ‘Everything At Noon’ amps (6160 Block) ! I’ve been putting together a couple presets that have 4 amps in each, all that work great right at noon and that’s one of them. I‘ve been a big proponent of finding the right IR before adjusting anything in the amp block and THAT particular amp is pretty much the reason why.

I’m in Mass right now but I’m flying back home to Florida in a couple hours. I’ll post a clip of my 6160 patch so you can hear what I’m talkin’ about. I literally didn’t touch a thing in the amp block/advanced parameters, I don’t even think I did the hi/lo cuts in the cab block and it‘s a ripper!
Thanks! I think this has the gain at 4ish, presence at 2, master 3, and everything else around 5ish plus or minus.

It's a mix of the stock 5153 cabs for the IR. I should try it with the IR mix that was used for the Recto patch (which is a mix of a few York IRs). But both of them in that clip are low cut to 120Hz.

Thanks! I think this has the gain at 4ish, presence at 2, master 3, and everything else around 5ish plus or minus.

It's a mix of the stock 5153 cabs for the IR. I should try it with the IR mix that was used for the Recto patch (which is a mix of a few York IRs). But both of them in that clip are low cut to 120Hz.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 5.59.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-01 at 6.00.00 PM.png

Everything is stock except the low/high cuts in the cab block and really, those aren't doing a whole lot. I could never do stuff like this pre-Cygnus and now I have a growing colletion of presets that are just like this. I look at them as utility presets, so if I'm mixing and find myself wanting a different amp, I can pull up these basic presets and tweak from there to suit the song, instead of tweaking the presets I use all the time.

View attachment 84193View attachment 84194

Everything is stock except the low/high cuts in the cab block and really, those aren't doing a whole lot. I could never do stuff like this pre-Cygnus and now I have a growing colletion of presets that are just like this. I look at them as utility presets, so if I'm mixing and find myself wanting a different amp, I can pull up these basic presets and tweak from there to suit the song, instead of tweaking the presets I use all the time.

Thanks man, sounds killer!

View attachment 84193View attachment 84194

Tight.

Back
Top Bottom