Firmware Version 10 + Updated Axe-Edit Here!

Karl Houseknecht said:
Anyone know if the new editor fixed the global noise gate bug? In older versions of the editor, if you edited the noise gate, the threshold control stopped responding on the Axe for that patch.

That bug was fixed. If by chance anyone has anymore trouble with it, they should file a bug report in the bugs thread:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13428&start=0

Sounds out of this world :shock: Marsha´s can make a man cry...... and then play again.

Thanks Cliff

I finally got to work with the new firmware last night. I'm coming from 9.0, so this was a major update for me and required me to start clean on my presets. I only got through my clean and AC30 sounds last night, but I have to say that they are far better than what I had previously. I'm really blown away at how good everything sounds. I was totally happy with my sounds before, but it's just over the top now.

I didn't make it to the gainier stuff, but I loved the Shiva clean, BB Pre (told you I was behind), and the Fuzz Face. The FF took some real tweaking in front of the AC30 and didn't work at all with the Shiva for me, but I need to try it in front of a Marshall tonight.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the compressor. I think I was liking my comp sounds better before the update, so I need to work with them some more. i'm sure I'll get there...

D

Longtime admirer, recent buyer, first update for me.

Why on earth did I wait so long to buy an Axe-FX?

The amp models that Cliff chooses are beyond awesome IMHO; I mean if I was to hand pick the coolest, most desirable amps that I could imagine I don't think that the selection would be any different. The Marshas were something that I couldn't imagine anyone ever adding to their selection; yet Fractal did.

I'm just in awe of this thing everytime I turn it on and now I have even more to smile about. :mrgreen:

Wow!

Quickly - I was reinitiallising TimmyM's(that's me!) Raw Amp Bank last night, and a couple of strums of 10.01 on some of the amp models made me go wow!

Boutique 1 and Boutique 2, and the HiWatt are finally usable on stock cabs for me. Just Wow! The Marsha is great too as is the Shiva clean. smooth and creamy. Oh yeah!

Plus I double ganged Drive blocks in series using two Fuzz Face sims into BassGuy59. Instant Zvex Fuzz Factory tones, Just amazing. Oh and BassGuy59 just sounds amazing now too! There's almost the sound of air in the tubes on the low tones. Unbeliebubble!

TimmyM

HELP

I came home so excited to load up both the new Editor and 10.01. I have NEVER had any problems in the past. Both, firmware and editor, downloaded and installed just fine. When I went into the Editor/settings/update firmware, it easily found ultra 10_01.syx. But when I clicked on it came up with No Hardware Detected. I tried reconnecting, rebooting everything, reinstalling everything, but still get the same message. I even tried attempting to send firmware anyway, but it did not work. I am using M-Audio UNO, as as mentioned it has always worked fine in the past.

any suggestions? I so wanted to fire up 10.01 tonight.

thanks

M-Audio UNO...yikes...never worked for me. Anyway, my first update try failed too. try this. Go the editor, locate the firmware, double-click on it and then go to the AXE -> Utility -> Firmware -> Send. At first, I had tried the Firmware->Send first and then tried to open the .syx file and it said 'No Hardware Detected'.

emperor_black said:
M-Audio UNO...yikes...never worked for me. Anyway, my first update try failed too. try this. Go the editor, locate the firmware, double-click on it and then go to the AXE -> Utility -> Firmware -> Send. At first, I had tried the Firmware->Send first and then tried to open the .syx file and it said 'No Hardware Detected'.

I had the same problem. I had to perform the update on mine in a certain order.

Try this:

Make sure AXEFX is off and AXE Edit is not open, then do the following:

1) Turn the AXE on.
2) Launch AXE Edit software.
3) In the editor, go through the 'update firmware' steps and STOP when it gives you the option to 'SEND'.
4) Now on the AXE go to the Utility menu and to the firmware page and hit 'Enter'. You should see 'awaiting file'.
5) Now click 'SEND' in the Editor.
6) It should now start the update process. Let it finish.
7) The AXE reboots and the Editor might not be able to confirm the update was successful, but check the AXEFX firmware page. It should say 10.01 now.
8) Click 'cancel' on the update check window in the Editor.
9) Rock out!

Hope that helps

Thanks guys for the suggestions, but neither worked. I downloaded the new editor, so I thought that may be the problem so I went back to the old editor but when I went to update firmware it would not even show 10.01 as a option, and I have several older version in that folder, and it read them... Weird.

any other suggestions? M-Audio UNO has worked before. I am using a Dell laptop with windows XP and it has always worked as well before. For some reason it is just not reading the Axe Fx...and it have tried replugging the midi cables several times.

thanks

Uno & XP without a hiccup here.

But I remember Cliff stating, that Uno is not recommended (IIRC). Maybe I'm lucky ... :p

jiagap said:
Thanks guys for the suggestions, but neither worked. I downloaded the new editor, so I thought that may be the problem so I went back to the old editor but when I went to update firmware it would not even show 10.01 as a option, and I have several older version in that folder, and it read them... Weird.

any other suggestions? M-Audio UNO has worked before. I am using a Dell laptop with windows XP and it has always worked as well before. For some reason it is just not reading the Axe Fx...and it have tried replugging the midi cables several times.

thanks

Try hitting the power button at top right of the editor?

Update and editor both fantastic! I went on holiday on the 17th June and have been looking forward to getting back and it's everything i'd hoped for :cool:

Firstly, the new models are simply awesome, Shiva, Marsha, Marshall and Uber all sound so nice. Secondly my fav old models now sound even better! 800, AC30, Plexi2 all awesome. The recto models all seem to have more of the signature fiz but without it sounding harsh. Perfect! Lastly, I'm not sure what was updated on the presence control but for me it used to add unpleasant overtones whilst opening up the top end. Post 10 it just seems to open up my tone perfectly.

Thanks Cliff, Awesome update! Also thanks to Dave F for supporting the AxeFx, his amps and thus the models for them sound superb.

Time to redo all of my presets :D

Spence

odsska said:
Buy a Mac? :lol:

I loaded both the editor and 10.01 onto my new iMac last night, and I could still not get them to load to the Axe Fx. Same error. It must be the M-Audio UNO. But that is odd, as it always worked for the past several upgrades.... aaarrrggghhhh....

Hi
i've a mac alu with the latest update 10.6.4
i use an EMU X MIDI 1X1
axe fx beta latest version 09 171
i've tried to update to 10.01 firmware for my standard
after many many more than 20..... that's don't works

already the axe edit works good for editing a preset ou in preset manager section just some "bad checksum" sometimes when i testing shared patches

i've tried also with SYSEX LIBRAIRIAN same problem

i think that is EMU XMIDI 1X1 that not working perfecly

but before buying a new midi interface i need your advice

many thanks

Fractal Audio recommends Midisport 2x2. I tried two UNO type devices with no success. Both Midisport 2x2 that I tried worked like a charm.

If it worked before and now it doesn't try uninstalling the drivers/axe-edit and re-install. :)

emperor_black said:
Fractal Audio recommends Midisport 2x2. I tried two UNO type devices with no success. Both Midisport 2x2 that I tried worked like a charm.

If it worked before and now it doesn't try uninstalling the drivers/axe-edit and re-install. :)

I never saw that recommendation by Fractal ?

I use the midisport 2 X 2 though and agree...never had a problem since 4.xx.

gittarzann said:
emperor_black said:

I never saw that recommendation by Fractal ?

I use the midisport 2 X 2 though and agree...never had a problem since 4.xx.

I sent them an email and got a response saying so. :) With the UNO, there was no communication. None of the sysex programs worked. I thought maybe my MIDI ports were broken. :lol:

I had issues updating the firmware too. But when I used sysex librarian and lowered the transfer rate about 70% it worked fine.

I finally got the M-Audio UNO to work last night with my iMac...... I am a happy camper! Love the Shiver CLN

THANK YOU ALL. The Axe Fx is the GAS solution.

Back
Top Bottom