Firmware Version 10 + Updated Axe-Edit Here!

luke69 said:
Hi
i've a mac alu with the latest update 10.6.4
i use an EMU X MIDI 1X1
axe fx beta latest version 09 171
i've tried to update to 10.01 firmware for my standard
after many many more than 20..... that's don't works

already the axe edit works good for editing a preset ou in preset manager section just some "bad checksum" sometimes when i testing shared patches

i've tried also with SYSEX LIBRAIRIAN same problem

i think that is EMU XMIDI 1X1 that not working perfecly

but before buying a new midi interface i need your advice

many thanks

I've done 10+ firmware updates using an XMIDI 1x1 and MIDI-OX. My PC has XP MCE. All updates have been 100% flawless (knock on wood).

Have you tried using MIDI-OX with the tweaks recommended in the firmware file?

THANKS
but i haven't tried it because my computer is an Apple and midi ox isn't compatible with it

perhaps is my configuration of midi in axe fx speed, etc....
there is no midi signal when i try to update the firmware the midi led on the axe would be brighting

when i work to customize or testing a new patches new all is ok

it's a nightmare

did you try the settings in the "firmware.txt" file?

Low Level I/O Buffers: size - 256, number - 16
Milliseconds between buffers: 90

It could be the mood I was in, but everything sounds better in the new Firmware. I was especially pleased with the Shiva clean, with the fuzz face in front; these are some tones I was hoping for. It seems to me that the overall sound played through the amp block is generally better or more alive; could this be the new presence algorithm?

Very pleased indeed. :D

Quick question - by the way I am using the E-MU 1x1 and finally got it to work - my issue was I needed the proper DRIVER from E-MU site... AND I had to go from 256 to 128 buffer size; just posting that for the guy that is struggling, don't know if he has the current driver or not.

OK my question - I downloaded the new Axe Edit (which I used for the firm upgrade) and I used the firmware update that came with it - 10.00. But, I also have on my thumb drive a version that says 10.01 - what the hell is the difference? Should I redo it with the 10.01? THANKS!

Dexter Morgan said:
Quick question - by the way I am using the E-MU 1x1 and finally got it to work - my issue was I needed the proper DRIVER from E-MU site... AND I had to go from 256 to 128 buffer size; just posting that for the guy that is struggling, don't know if he has the current driver or not.

OK my question - I downloaded the new Axe Edit (which I used for the firm upgrade) and I used the firmware update that came with it - 10.00. But, I also have on my thumb drive a version that says 10.01 - what the hell is the difference? Should I redo it with the 10.01? THANKS!

In the 10.01 file there should be release notes that would tell you what the difference is between 10.00 and 10.01.

I tried to get back on here before anyone was bothered with my post - Googled it and found it. Thanks. I am no Internet dummy, but I looked in the Wiki before I originally posted, and was in a hurry and asked. Sorry about that.

stefenator said:
did you try the settings in the "firmware.txt" file?

Low Level I/O Buffers: size - 256, number - 16

Hi

problem solved today
the goods settings were

Low Level I/O Buffers: size - 128 , number - 16

many thanks for all

i'm going to play..... :D :D :cool:

I'm a bit late to the game due to computer problems,
but nonetheless I wanted to say THANK YOU Cliff and everyone at Fractal Audio.
I've been an Axe-Fx user for more than two years and my Ultra never sounded better :mrgreen:
firmware v. 10 makes it even harder (again) to stop playin and put my guitar down. especially the shiver lead sim :D

keep it up, guys!

Hey, I was hoping someone would do a video on you tube showing off the new face fuzz...and maybe the new amps. That fuzz, when turned down low, does such a good job of creating warm fuzziness, that it definitely adds something that wasn't their before. Potential buyers should be able to find a video demonstration in an ideal world. Of course, it should rain money too, fish should breathe air (and look like Daryl Hannah), and we non-birds should bounce (gently!) when our parachutes inevitably don't open.

I am getting ready to purchase the Axe FX ultra - how does the firmware actually get programmed into the unit - via Midi cables? I dont see any usb connection or card slots?

VirgilGuitar said:
I am getting ready to purchase the Axe FX ultra - how does the firmware actually get programmed into the unit - via Midi cables? I dont see any usb connection or card slots?
MIDI via standard MIDI interface and DIN cables.

iaresee said:
VirgilGuitar said:

So, I need to get a "DIN" cable? That would go into the keyboard input to the back of my pc then? Does the unit come with the cable? I would kill myself to get the unit in and not be able to get it going with the AxeEdit! I am on a pc if that matters - thanks SOOOoo much for your help!

iaresee said:
VirgilGuitar said:

On the picture of the back of the unit, it shows the MIDI in, out and thru:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/images/Axe-Fx-rear-lg.jpg
I have an M Audio MIDISPORT 2x2 anniversary, so I'm wondering how this unit will set up with that box?

VirgilGuitar said:
iaresee said:
VirgilGuitar said:

On the picture of the back of the unit, it shows the MIDI in, out and thru:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/images/Axe-Fx-rear-lg.jpg
I have an M Audio MIDISPORT 2x2 anniversary, so I'm wondering how this unit will set up with that box?
Perfectly, no worries. Just two midi-cables and you're set. The plugs on all MIDI cables are 5-pin DIN plugs.

DIN is actually just the standard the plugs are built under. DIN is the German Standards Organisation: http://www.din.de/cmd?level=tpl-home&languageid=en . They set 'standards', thousands actually, and one set of those is plugs. MIDI uses 5-pin DIN plugs on both sides and actually only uses 3 of the 5 pins. I think they used the 5-pin instead of an XLR to not confuse the two. XLR is another DIN Standard type of plug.

Back
Top Bottom