Firmware Version 10.10 Now Available

The release notes are always included in the FW zip file. There is a comment in the first post of the release notification threads to read them. Users should always read the included release notes. It's simple common sense. IMHO it's a sad testament in this day and age that persons have to be constantly reminded to read them and/or the manual. What's next? Supplied audio release notes because users are to lazy to read? :roll

Last edited:
I normally don't chime in on these threads, but all I can say at this point is simply.. WOW.. I was hoping for the new Triptek models and now I can play.

Thanks much.

Like planetal, i don't normally buy into these threads but i'm simply overcome with gratitude for this team, this product, the support and ... the man.
Enough said.

This sounds most excellent, but I really would like Fractal to adopt a better firmware version numbering system. These are pretty major changes yet the firmware is just one number from the previous one. I think people would get a better idea if a new firmware is a major update vs bugfix if you just used the major.minor.veryminor (e.g. "version 1.5.2") numbering that is common to most software nowadays. Also always posting the release notes in the first post in the thread would be tremendously helpful.

he could name the firmware versions after dogs or cats or beaches. just assume each new version will change your sounds.

with that knowledge, if you can't afford to change your sounds, don't install the latest firmware. the world will not end, you will not lose your current gigs.

Added two custom “Thordendal” amp models built to Fredirik Thordendal’s specifications.

Intense! Now, book a flight to Sweden and go capture some of his cabs/mic positions!

Splendid work Fractal, as always.

The release notes are always included in the FW zip file. There is a comment in the first post of the release notification threads to read them. Users should always read the included release notes. It's simple common sense. IMHO it's a sad testament in this day and age that persons have to be constantly reminded to read them and/or the manual. What's next? Supplied audio release notes because users are to lazy to read? :roll

It is sad, but in this day of abundant knowledge, ignorance is becoming more of a choice. :-(

so no official word on what thordendndndndnendnendnedneadall really is?

Based on Fredrik's personal specifications as it says in the release notes.

I get a crushing metal tone with the settings below. Similar to the settings in the DAR video teaser, but I don't know if the amps are similar. The resulting tone is among the heaviest tones I've gotten out of the Axe ever (I'm not a metal player).

Modern model
Gain 6.50
Bass 6
Mid 1
Treble 7
HiCut 0

Cab: 2x Uber T75, 1x 57 dyn, 1x r121.

Plus a TS9 block with little Drive and high Level before the amp. This tames the overwhelming low frequencies.

Play in dropped tuning (of course).

Last edited:
Crazy update! Thanks. The Wah types are exactly what the doctor ordered!

I have a feeling it will be getting more and more difficult to continue using the current Axe Edit with these new releases and changes to the amp controls. Is it recommended to update to this firmware while using the current Axe Edit?

The Amp block now differentiates amps that have both Input Drive and Overdrive controls, i.e. Mesa Mark series, Dumble, etc. When a model is selected for amps of this type, the menu shows both controls.

The Boost control has been added to the Advanced tab of the Amp block menu as this control position is used for the Drive control for certain models (see above).

Transformer distortion modeling is now independent of transformer match value.

Added Classic mode of Carol-Ann TripTik amp model. The previous model has been renamed “TripTik Modern”.

Added TripTik Clean amp model based on Carol-Ann TripTik clean channel.

Added two custom “Thordendal” amp models built to Fredirik Thordendal’s specifications.

Are these new tweakable parameters and amp models going to be visible in Axe Edit Beta 1.9, or only on the front screen for the time being?

Thanks

PS - I'm only asking this because a few weeks ago you released another little file that we had to drop into the AE folder so it would recognize a few new features.

Thanks to everyone at Fractal Audio. The support for these products is astonishing! If these other Trip-Tik models are as good as the first - well, I've got a long holiday weekend coming up and it seems I'll be spending some time under the hood.

Thanks for the upgrade, hope my computer is up and running when I get home. Dang, was locking up and just not running. Yek, thanks for giving example of what a DAR amp is, I'd never know.

wow ! ! love my axe and FAS as I said each time ....!!
the triptik is really an awesome amp: can do almost every tone from the clean, classic, modern
too cool..:encouragement:

Thanks FAS....looking forward to WAH / VERB improvements.
I will still wait for other's to "beta" this loadset before I commit though. The 10.09 issues have me gun shy. Some of us that play out weekly, just can't chance it until it is tried and tested by our competent brethren! Thanks guy's!

Maybe the next big NEWS will be AE 3.0!......gotta be getting close..FAS has a bunch of busy beavers for sure!

I get a crushing metal tone with the settings below. Similar to the settings in the DAR video teaser, but I don't know if the amps are similar. The resulting tone is among the heaviest tones I've gotten out of the Axe ever (I'm not a metal player).

Modern model
Gain 6.50
Bass 6
Mid 1
Treble 7
HiCut 0

Plus a TS9 block with little Drive and high Level before the amp. This tames the overwhelming low frequencies.

I'm going to guess the reason it has so much low end is for when the drive pedal kills the low end on the input side... which I'm sure will sound crushing live!

Modern model
Gain 6.50
Bass 6
Mid 1
Treble 7
HiCut 0

Just did a quick test and got to say I'm a bit surprised how far off it seems to the DAR - both how it handles palm mutes as well as the available gain on tap. Boosting sure is a necessity to get any where close. It seems dry in the same manner, though.

Back
Top Bottom