Firmware Version 10.04 Now Available

Thanks- but i think that Ruby amp clip is for a little battery powered DIY number. I think the Rocket is a clone of this one Trainwreck Rocket

The tone in the clip was a little hard to digest -- I sense some serious pilot/recording error on that one

However, Paul knows his Wrecks.

He only builds a few of them a year and are highly sought after.

Same goes for JM, Allan Myers, Mark Kane and couple of others.

this is what a Rocket through proper cabs is suppose to sound like.

Express Wrecks are more rock-n-roll and they are great with Les Paul's. You set the Neck to 3-5 for a clean sound and you open up the bridge for a killer OD tone.

the rocket has much higher headroom (less breakup) but has that great sustain and top end chime (sort of Fender meets an AC30). they kill with teles and strats.

Sounds killer through vintage Celestions and old Marshall cabs.

Here is what a "real" TrainWreck Rocket sounds like

Here is what a "real" TrainWreck Express sounds like

I am a big fan of these amps!

Last edited:
Thanks Fractal. Impeccable service and support as always. Every update is like Christmas, wondering what sonic goodness I get to unwrap.

So, upgrade now or wait for new amps ?? I need to be able to edit cabs.....bug now in 10.04

Is 10.05 ready to rumble ?

The tone in the clip was a little hard to digest -- I sense some serious pilot/recording error on that one

However, Paul knows his Wrecks.

He only builds a few of them a year and are highly sought after.

Same goes for JM, Allan Myers, Mark Kane and couple of others.

this is what a Rocket through proper cabs is suppose to sound like.

Anybody know if this is an available tune? Love it.

Go out of town for a week and see what happens. I have a BF Princeton Reverb which is one of the last amps I'd sell, so I'm really psyched about that. Love the Wrecker, so I look forward to more variations on that theme.

More amps already? :) Checked them out - this is gonna be fun. And goodness knows what you have in your 'to model' list. Hoping a Custom Audio is in there for sure (to stop me wanting one!). Thanks, Cliff and team. Awesome stuff as always.

The Princeton Reverb is definitely welcome. My teacher has a '69 Princeton Reverb with a 12" speaker. That thing is heavenly.

I haven't done a tone match on it yet. I'll be interested to see how close I can get with the new PR model and experimenting with 12" cabinets.

I'm experiencing a chirping sound when switching between X and Y amps using scenes on 10.04 with MFC 2.16. For example, scene 2 is Amp 1 X, and scene 3 is Amp 1 Y. The amps are the same--I just copied X to Y and then adjusted the level. I don't experience this issue with 10.02. Just to prove it to myself, I downgraded back to 10.02 and I don't hear the chirp. I know Cliff was working on a way to reduce switching latency, but I'm not sure if that introduced an unintended artifact.

Can anyone else confirm?

Excellent! However, I am not a tonematch guy, or X/Y-guy or Global block guy etc... AE fairly stable for me on 10.2 so I thinking im not rocking the boat yet... waiting for next one and/or more stable AE.

And they have plan for new amps already, what can I say.... Cheapest buy I ever did, HA!

On a sidenote, Steverosburg, no need to do a change from Amp Type X to Y for something like that. Each scene can have a different output level. So if you're truly just adjusting the level, I'd leave it as Amp Type X and adjust the master output on the scene change. That will get you past the chirp and the audio gap.

I'm experiencing a chirping sound when switching between X and Y amps using scenes on 10.04 with MFC 2.16. For example, scene 2 is Amp 1 X, and scene 3 is Amp 1 Y. The amps are the same--I just copied X to Y and then adjusted the level. I don't experience this issue with 10.02. Just to prove it to myself, I downgraded back to 10.02 and I don't hear the chirp. I know Cliff was working on a way to reduce switching latency, but I'm not sure if that introduced an unintended artifact.

Can anyone else confirm?

On a sidenote, Steverosburg, no need to do a change from Amp Type X to Y for something like that. Each scene can have a different output level. So if you're truly just adjusting the level, I'd leave it as Amp Type X and adjust the master output on the scene change. That will get you past the chirp and the audio gap.

See another post where I reported strange volume jumps when switching scenes, I was just trying this as a short-term alternative in light of that problem. This was something I noticed and wanted to eliminate multiple variables--I do not generally use scenes to switch amps just for volume. I normally treat X/Y on the amp block like a real amp, with model and/or drive and tone adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom