Firmware upgrade tips & tricks for noobies

1. Download the firmware to a folder and unzip it
2. Turn on AXE-FX and connect to AXE-EDITOR (via your midi device to your MAC/PC)
3. Click on utility on the AXE-FX and go to FIRMWARE (using the PAGE buttons)
4. Press ENTER on the AXE-FX (should now say "awaiting file"
5. Click SETTINGS on the AXE-EDITOR and choose "firmware update"
6. Locate your saved firmware file on your PC/MAC and click OK and you should be in business
(hope i didnt forget anything)

Firmware 11.0 took quite awhile to update (at least on my PC)

/Urban

After the firmware is loaded in the Axe press "UTILITY" button go to the "PRESET" page and on the bottum of that page you'll see the "UPDATE ALL PRESETS" scroll down and click "ENTER".

im on PC too so my step by step instruction should work for you too (I hope) with Axisman5150 additional last step

Thanks MyGuitarabuse!
The only difference I had ( I was using an Audiobox USB on a PC) was the order of steps. I had to do steps 5 and 6 before going to "Awaiting File".

This worked for me:
2. Turn on AXE-FX and connect to AXE-EDITOR (via your midi device to your MAC/PC)
4. Click SETTINGS on the AXE-EDITOR and choose "firmware update"
5. Locate your saved firmware file on your PC/MAC and click OK and you should be in business
6. Press ENTER on the AXE-FX (should now say "awaiting file")
7. Start download

If anyone is here I am doing the upgrade right now and all of a sudden my I am sshowing "not Connected" to the editor....HELP Me Mr WIZARD

Thanks MyGuitarabuse!
The only difference I had ( I was using an Audiobox USB on a PC) was the order of steps. I had to do steps 5 and 6 before going to "Awaiting File".

This worked for me:
5. Locate your saved firmware file on your PC/MAC and click OK and you should be in business
7. Start download

I was also getting diconnected and tried this approach and VOILA! it worked perfectly.
THANX tcb37. :)

I missed that last step "Update Presets" it's my first firmware update. What did I miss by not doing that? and when I do it, does it replace all my presets and I have to reload my own back in, or does it leave them alone?

Thanks

Thanks MyGuitarabuse!

This worked for me:
7. Start download

This is what worked for me too! I went from 10.01
Anyone else going from 10.01, make sure your Axe-Edit is set to 00 00 7D, this gave me a headache for a minute getting it synced up.

sysex

I read somewhere in another posting I believe it was the sysex id number changed shortly after version 10 like 10.05 or something. If you have a version prior to 10 is there anything special you need to do or be aware of before updating? Thanks

FWIW, I've used several USB MIDI Interfaces with several laptops & PC's, some worked but after around V9 or so I could not get it to load firmware with any USB device. What has worked for me 100% is an old Joystick>MIDI cable that I've had for a couple of decades, attached to an older PC with Joystick/MIDI port. You can still find these cables, if you have an older PC/sound card with the port they're relatively cheap. Computer Sound Card MPU-401 Midi Cable 15-Pin Joystick | eBay

I missed that last step "Update Presets" it's my first firmware update. What did I miss by not doing that? and when I do it, does it replace all my presets and I have to reload my own back in, or does it leave them alone?

Thanks

It does not remove or harm them at all. It just ensures they are all in the correct internal format.

Back
Top Bottom