firmware upgrade stuck please help

toneseeker1

Hello,

I have an Ultra and a Standard. I am trying to move up to 9.00 on the Standard first. I have a Mac Probook and have downloaded the
SysEx Librarian. I am using a Midisport 2x2 and have downloaded new drivers. I get the codes on the SysEx and have the Standard hooked up to the Midisport and the Axe ready to receive firmware.
That's were it ends It won't deliver the firmware . Can anyone please Help.

Did you make sure to press Enter on the axe-fx before you started delivering the sysex from the MAC?

Thanks for the reply. And yes I did press Enter .

There Isn't any reaction.

I can't seem to get my Midisport to do anything except for the USB led light by the button goes from dim to bright.

Please keep responding I really need to get going on this .

Before you struggle with a full firmware upgrade, I strongly recommend you work out the issues with your Mac, midi interface, cables, and the librarian. For that, there is nothing simpler than loading a patch. Find a patch on your Mac (download one if you don't have one), and play around with the settings and everything else until you have that working smoothly. Then, and only then, attempt a firmware upgrade (and it will most probably work very very smoothly).

Thankyou for the tip. I used a PC sometime ago for a firmware upgrade before . I had trouble getting my Midisport to showup on Bome's . (I used that because I was using PC)..

Is there something I need to do to get My Mac to recognize my Midisport.??

thanks

There are a few Mac guys around who might be able to help. I'm on PC, so I can't provide any tips.

toneseeker1 said:
Is there something I need to do to get My Mac to recognize my Midisport.??

thanks

Mac --->Axe-Fx
Check your cables = in to out & out to in

Check 'Audio MIDI Setup.app' in your Mac's 'Utilities' folder to make sure your Midisport is there, if it isn't, you might have the wrong drivers installed. The Audio MIDI Setup's 'Help' menu is very useful too.... :geek:

Thanks for the help. I checked in utilities and opened Audio Midi Setup. There is no Midisport on the list and I can't figure out how to get it on the list .

Any suggestion ???

toneseeker1 said:
Thanks for the help. I checked in utilities and opened Audio Midi Setup. There is no Midisport on the list and I can't figure out how to get it on the list .

Any suggestion ???
Try hitting 'Rescan MIDI' in 'Audio Midi Setup.app'

Check the dropdown on the MIDI controller in sys-ex. You should see your MIDIsport, rather than 'source for other programs.' If you don't see it there, then the MAC doesn't see it. But I'll bet it's there.

RTM.

Let's See

I have the button on the MidiSport pushed In.

My SysEx drop down says port A or port B or, act as a source for other applications.

Man it shouldn't be this difficult ...

toneseeker1 said:
Let's See

I have the button on the MidiSport pushed In.

My SysEx drop down says port A or port B or, act as a source for other applications.

Man it shouldn't be this difficult ...
Sounds to me like your Mac isn't even seeing your midisport... are you sure you installed the drivers (if that's even applicable on a Mac)? I am not familiar with either Macs or the midisport, so I can't be of any more help, but it sure seems like you need to resolve how your Mac is talking to your midi interface.

Hello,

I want to thank everyone for your help.

I went to BestBuy in Fargo and bought a Hosa Technology Tracklink Midi to USB Interface from the salesman.

I went home and within 5 minutes I was downloading 9_00 to the Axe. 20 minutes later I was playing the Axe out in my Shop through my PA.

It sounds great. It's like Scott P. has been saying on The Gear Page.

I can't wait to upgrade my Ultra but will have to wait untill tomorrow.

Once again thanks to this Forum for your help. I quess I didn't get the right drivers or something because my Midisport just wasn't working.

Best

Back
Top Bottom