Firmware Releases

My plan is to keep updating until we reach the last update for the III. Then comes the hard decision of buying the next model.

Who am I kidding. I’ll be updating the next model also.

Just to follow up here, there are Fractal artists who haven't updated their firmware in years. For folks who play out a lot, or are on the road, it just isn't worth spending hours re-engineering your tones, which often change with firmware releases.
This board is dominated by the folks who enjoy the details of the unit and have made a community out of discussing improvements, tones, and minutiae. That is fantastic. They are mostly really helpful and nice people.
But there is a large group of Fractal users who don't spend much time here at all and are happy with their tones, who rarely update.
So it really is up to you.
Firmwares from 2-3 years ago still sound fantastic and your audience won't be able to tell the difference. At all.

Only update if there is something in it that you really want and can’t do without. That saves you time and avoids constant tweaking of your presets, which means more time for playing. But it’s up to you.

Besides bug fixes, they have tone improvements over the older ones, better algorithms, new amps, new drives, new features... and they are free!! Who doesn't want that??? :p
Happy So Excited GIF

Only update if there is something in it that you really want and can’t do without. That saves you time and avoids constant tweaking of your presets, which means more time for playing. But it’s up to you.
Besides bug fixes, they have tone improvements over the older ones, better algorithms, new amps, new drives, new features... and they are free!! Who doesn't want that??? :p
Happy So Excited GIF
Well there you have it :)

I'm a "one preset per song" kind of guy, and I know from past experience that I need to go through all my presets after a firmware update to check levels and basic tone settings and make any minor tweaks needed. For that reason, don't always do every single update...it just depends on if I have enough free time between gigs and what changes were actually made for that update. I do try to catch every major release though.

Back
Top Bottom