Firmware release dates since FW 9.0......FW 15 when?

There's a 50% probability the new firmware will be released in June - as this is the average time between releases. However, if you'd like to go on with your life without hitting F5 every 30 seconds, you can be 95.45% certain the new firmware will drop by the second week in August at the latest.

This is calculated in the usual way by taking the average time of new releases, (3 months), acquiring 1 standard deviation ±1.09 months, and multiplying it by a coverage factor for 95.45% certainty (this derives the upper confidence bound). Mathematically this is NORM.S.INV((1+.9545)*0.5)*Stdev.P which gives you a value where K=2

Take the average time (3-months) and the standard deviation (1.095445) multiplied by 2 which yields 2.19 months

That is all, rock on...

Aww man, we need something more than that!

It's interesting how these FW updates have taken on a life of their own. The previous 'life altering', 'game changing' FW becomes like bacon left too long in the fridge. The forum's servers will bounce off their screws while over caffeinated guitarists wear out the 'refresh' button on browsers. We'll see a minimum of 24 threads all with the general question posed to Cliff: WHEN? This is not to leave out the general bleed over into other threads via posting "yeah, Cliff said that thats fixed/added/improved in the new FW dood!" Projects are put on hold, work suffers, the decision to buy a house delayed until the balance in the force is restored by the new FW.

I'm just observing (and poking a little fun!), so noone should take umbrage...

Wondering when next mayor firmware is scheduled for release?

FW 9.0: December 2012
FW 10.0: April 2013..................4 months since last release
FW 11.0: August 2013..............4 months since last release
FW 12.0: November 2013.........3 months since last release
FW 13.0: February 2014.......... 3 months since last release
FW 14.0: March 2014...............1 months since last release
FW 15.0: June 2014.................3 months since last release

What are your predictions?

I'll tell you when. My next visit to my parents house (where there is no Axe-FX!) is 12-17th June. So far, every release (bar one) has been when I'm there! Hence I have to drive 5 hours back like a maniac to try it out after reading the firmware notes. I wish I was joking but am not!!

Imagine a person from the 1800's who traveled the Oregon trail to find a home out West. Imagine what a perilous journey that must have been, and how that person's entire life and the lives of that person's entire family were forever changed by it. Wild animal attacks, sickness, death, and despair were constant interruptions, and they were probably well received because it meant the travelers could concentrate on something besides the absolutely torturous, endless boredom of riding in a 95 degree wagon traveling at 3 miles per hour with nothing to do for months on end. All for the ultimate reward of a small plot of land in the middle of absolutely nowhere.

Now imagine traveling back in time and telling this person about how your last flight to Vegas in an airplane that can travel in a few hours what would have taken the better part of a year only a few centuries prior, was delayed 30 whole minutes and it was awful so you were forced to cure your boredom by walking twenty feet to an air conditioned restaurant, where for a fraction of the cost of a day's work, you were brought a hot plate of food made from ingredients laboriously curated from imports brought in from all the corners of the globe, arranged into a warm, delicious symphony of flavor and sustenance, and a refreshing, chilled beer to wash it all down, and it was terrible because the waitress wasn't smiling enough and the bar didn't have just the right decorations on the wall to provide the ambiance you deserve because sometimes a guy just needs to relax and how is he supposed to do that with the wrong paintings on the wall, I mean look how cheap and kitschy they are, you know? Gah, flying is just the worst.

That is exactly what it sounds like when people get impatient and beg for firmware releases right nooooooow. Yeah we're all excited about what this company does but dang. Perspective, people.

(thank you Louis CK for the analogy)

Last edited:
Yeah we're all excited about what this company does but dang.

'Tis merely enthusiasm... nothing wrong with a bit of that now and then to balance out sadness and cynicism
thumbsup.gif

what's the rush… having a ball this end with 14.02..
if 15 didn't show for 6 months I doubt I'd notice..
I guess I'm not really coming up for air…
to busy feeding back until the cops show up..

I only stopped feeding back to play actual notes instead..
they just wanted to join in and jam..

The cops here aren't cool like that.. I moved into town last July (previously living in the sticks, no neighbors for miles) and the first week I got a noise ordinance warning. Officer was nice, but stated it was only a warning. First offense was a $175 fine, second offense is $500 fine and 48 hrs community service. Fuck that, glad I came on hard times and had to sell my roadster half stack and now been fortunate enough to afford the XL.

You all remember the golden goose, right?

I can absolutely understand how it feels to anticipate an update, so I'm not about to give anyone grief for that. At the same time, nothing is actually owed to us; I always feel like these amazing bonuses are something of an act of grace.

While I'm always eager to say "thank you!" I (personally) prefer to remain patient, quiet, and if I ever think of saying "please, sir, may I have some more?" I just pick up my guitar and turn on the AxeFX instead.

Back
Top Bottom