Firmware 9.00 - Let me count the ways...

Radley

Experienced

Like most musicians, I am fairly opinionated in my feelings about equipment & tone. About 6 months ago I bought a new digital effects system called the AxeFX Ultra - I was immediately impressed with the quality and tone of the unit, but the journey had just begun. Cliff Chase, the brains behind all the programming, was not content to 'rest on his laurels', and has continued to provide timely updates, including improvements in the Amp models, Compression, Effects, and Reverb (which many felt was quite good already) - but there is no denying that the AFX has continued to improve by leaps and bounds, and 9.0 may be the biggest single improvement of all! Let me count the ways...

My early observations:

* The Amp models seem more intense and lively.

* The Power Amp section seems more reactive/responsive to various settings.

* The Reverbs sound more natural and smooth - the Cathedral models are huge, yet very balanced and even. The separate delay parameters for both early and sustained reverb components is a stroke of brilliance which allows an incredible amount of user control!

* The Leslie effect is way better (I will be using it a lot) :)

* The Cab block's Drive parameter is now more effective and real sounding, and is a great way to deal with any abrasiveness in the high end - very cool.

* To be continued as I have more time for discovery! :eek:

These are truly great days to be a guitar player!!!

~Rad~

I too have only had my Ultra for 6 months, or so, and am still getting my feet wet with it; the 9.00 release really enthused me big time. I love how the new tone controls 'play' and how much easier, quicker, and more fun it is tweaking the box...great stuff.

Great days to be a player indeed ;-)

+1!

I'm sad :cry: that my day time job steals so much of my time :roll: and that I don't have enough talent :? :oops: to be a pro.
But you are right. :shock: These days it's so much fun to be a player. :twisted:

smiley_emoticons_prost2.gif
Cheers Cliff!

Micha

michl_666 said:
+1!

I'm sad :cry: that my day time job steals so much of my time :roll: and that I don't have enough talent :? :oops: to be a pro.
But you are right. :shock: These days it's so much fun to be a player. :twisted:

smiley_emoticons_prost2.gif
Cheers Cliff!

Micha

+2

Exactly my case too.

Amen to all that!

So, finally time to ditch the 2290s and PCMs?

I was already wondering about your opinion on the reverbs. I was indeed of the opinion that the reverbs were very good already. And that in the studio one would usually have lots of outboard and plug-ins available and in 99% of live situations you'd never be able to tell the difference between the Axe's good reverb and the better Lexicon or whatever...

But still, I never say no to better stuff!

Especially if it's free. Hey, I'm Dutch.

What do you think?

Dutch said:
But still, I never say no to better stuff!
Especially if it's free. Hey, I'm Dutch.
What do you think?
It's not free. It takes our time, lots of it ... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Micha

I love 9.0
I know for some it has thrown their tweaked amps off, but in my case All the amp sims i use have leaped forward. I'm a clean amp player- i like the fenders, matchless, dr z and 9.0 has brought so much character and definition to the amps i use i just cant say enought about it.

+1 on the reverb and other improvements

Radley said:

Like most musicians, I am fairly opinionated in my feelings about equipment & tone. About 6 months ago I bought a new digital effects system called the AxeFX Ultra - I was immediately impressed with the quality and tone of the unit, but the journey had just begun. Cliff Chase, the brains behind all the programming, was not content to 'rest on his laurels', and has continued to provide timely updates, including improvements in the Amp models, Compression, Effects, and Reverb (which many felt was quite good already) - but there is no denying that the AFX has continued to improve by leaps and bounds, and 9.0 may be the biggest single improvement of all! Let me count the ways...

My early observations:

* The Reverbs sound more natural and smooth - the Cathedral models are huge, yet very balanced and even. The separate delay parameters for both early and sustained reverb components is a stroke of brilliance which allows an incredible amount of user control!

~Rad~

Rad ...,

This is high praise coming from you ! I know have very sensitive ears, discriminating tastes and are eqally passionate about great guitar tone ....

Rock On !

R.D. said:
Radley said:

My early observations:

* The Cab block's Drive parameter is now more effective and real sounding, and is a great way to deal with any abrasiveness in the high end - very cool.

~Rad~

Rad ...,

This is high praise coming from you ! I know have very sensitive ears, discriminating tastes and are eqally passionate about great guitar tone ....

Rock On !

R.D,

Yes - I like it a lot, and the list of improvements will continue to grow as we all 'master' this new Firmware :shock: :cool: :shock:

Back
Top Bottom