Firmware 15.07

Yea, I'm sure it is but my setup is all configured according to our band gig, just thinking of updating and re-tweaking the presets after the FW upgrade makes me feel very nervous….
I guess I'll wait some more until 16 or even 17, I'm not in a hurry, everything currently sounds so good write now so..

Okay, thanks. Looks like I'll skip out on this update, wait for 15.08 and hopefully we'll get some new amps or effects.

I would much much rather have more / improved effects than more amps at this point. Or improved ease of use and functionality.

Such as a sitar effect pedal, emulations of other EH pedals, spdif that runs at 44 KHz, more overdrives, etc

What might be neat. Is some "I'm just a player" parameters for those who have no idea what transformer-cathode-cap-follower-inductance is. So maybe a new new knob, let's say, called "Mass" that could be tied to multiple advanced parameters that adjust multiple aspects at certain ratios to achieve what only an amp engineer would know how to do. It's like walking into an amp modder shop and saying "this needs more balls" and the amp tech says "got it" and gives you your amp back and it has more balls and you have no idea why and you don't even care. I know this isn't simple, but it would be cool.

^ That would actually be VERY cool, rsf1977, but I'd still like to see those controls adjusted... like a pop-up window that shows various parameters moving as you change the "balls" value.
That way you could still go in and fine-tune those same advanced parameters while knowing what has been done already.

^ That would actually be VERY cool, rsf1977, but I'd still like to see those controls adjusted... like a pop-up window that shows various parameters moving as you change the "balls" value.
That way you could still go in and fine-tune those same advanced parameters while knowing what has been done already.

Yeah, I completely agree.

What if you're going for woman tone?

What if you're going for woman tone?
The function would be two different knobs. One called "Balls" the other called "Tits" :lol

I would much much rather have more / improved effects than more amps at this point. Or improved ease of use and functionality.
Such as a sitar effect pedal, emulations of other EH pedals, spdif that runs at 44 KHz, more overdrives, etc

+1

The sitar pedal and an emulation of the POD2 are on my wish list.

Some one did make a sitar patch that I've used a little bit. Problem with that patch is that it is waaaayyyy too reverb-y and it is hard to dial it out due to how the originator built the patch. It's not a simple "turn off the reverb" issue and the 'verb is coming from the use of delay's.

I've come close with the pitch shifter to getting some of the POG2 tones but it's just not there. The POG2 has something extra that I can't put my finger on. I actually wish I never sold that pedal. It was one of the ones I let go to be able to afford getting the Axe FX in the first place. haha.

Yeah - I would really love to see a sitar. I know its technically complicated but I think the geniuses at Fractal can do this. It can be applied in a ton of situations and playing styles. The patch thats out there shows that you can get somewhat close just tweaking the current stuff, but if it were created from ground up as a new pedal it could be superb.

The other thing I'd love to see if some kind of auto volume leveling feature between presets. I know others have asked for this and its technically difficult, but it doesn't have to be perfect. Even if it gets the volumes on presets within 15 % of each other would be a huge help. Tweaking these every time and trying to get all your presets in the same ballpark is very time consuming. Improving Ease of use like this would let players spend more time playing and less time tweaking.

I solved much of the volume issue by using more SCENES instead of presets. I still have to balance volumes between presets but the use of SCENES has more than cut the task in half.

Is there some censorship going on here? I have posted the same post twice here and a few moments later my post was gone??

Is there some censorship going on here? I have posted the same post twice here and a few moments later my post was gone??
What did you post? ;)

(and yes, I've seen it many times... OK, a handful of times :) )

What did you post? ;)

(and yes, I've seen it many times... OK, a handful of times :) )

Not much. Something about the improvement of the effect section. Would be very dissapointed in the forum policy if it was removed and really don't understand why. Hope the person who removed my posts can explain why.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom