Firmware 14.

I tried and tried to get used it and I find myself disliking it more and more. Not sure why... I still had 13 saved to my computer and downgraded back to it. For one thing, I read through the read me literature and what it was updating and fixing, and all the new options it was providing. It say's that it "shouldn't change your stored presets". Well, it did.. it absolutely crushed them! :shock Nothing left but noise where once a beautiful sound once lived... lol.. Thank god that I ALWAY"S back up my favorite presets. I was able to go back and get my sound again... I really wish they hadn't of taken away the option of saving older firmware under the Global settings. Hopefully, when firmware 15 comes out, maybe this will resolved. If not, 13 will be my lucky number! lol.. :pride:

Try re-downloading and reinstalling v.14. First time I tried I got bright, harsh, noisy mess.

After that, fixing the noise gate and resetting all presets fixed it.

There are no guarantees DP ... but its not FW14. I downloaded it last Saturday an hour before a jam session and it was just perfect! Something is up unique to you and it will likely take some debugging to flush it out. Call FAS support.

I always have to reset all parameters when upgrading firmware. Otherwise when I load a patch after a few seconds the tone changes to this weird awful sounding tone version of itself that sounds like banging on corrugated tin. I don't understand why but reseting parameters makes this go away.

Oh but i mean inside the Axe. DP mentioned this feature under the Global Settings tab I think.

IIRC, only the debug firmware that is used internally by FAS actually allows swapping back and forth between firmware versions.

Along the way, there has been some Global settings that affected "parts" of the modeling in reference to a particular firmware number, but nothing that swapped out the whole enchilada.

Just re-flash from the Bot and be happy. :)

Did you adjust the new Global Noisegate offset function? Set it to zero. The default is -40. That will clean up the noise and restore the gate to pre v-14 status.

This fixed my issues too, but I have a question about that global setting. Instead of moving it back to 0, I backed it off from -40 until the background noise went away and left it there, which is at around -25.5. Should I move it all the way back to 0 or is the method I used OK?

This fixed my issues too, but I have a question about that global setting. Instead of moving it back to 0, I backed it off from -40 until the background noise went away and left it there, which is at around -25.5. Should I move it all the way back to 0 or is the method I used OK?

The only thing I've consistently heard is "if you like, it's good." So put to 0 and see how you like the sound. If you don't, put to -25.5 if you do, leave it. 0 is just the "default" value. But nothing is judged as better/worse - it's all up to your taste.

Could I just ask a basic question, what is the noisegate offset doing....I can't hear much difference ?

It's offsetting the point at which the noise gate cuts in - simple really. The Global option is a quick way of applying the difference you dial instantly across all your presets - ideal if you're suddenly on a much noisier stage for example

A '0' setting means that there no additional offset. If the input gate in your presets are at -80db / -60db / -40db or whatever, with a '0' Global setting, they won't be altered

It won't do anything to your sounds / tones

Back
Top Bottom