Financing

ps43203

Experienced
Hey all, I've been clamoring to find a way to get financing for the Axe-II. I have been through the idea of settling for a used Ultra, but I just can't seem to settle. It's like buying a Camaro, with a 4 cylinder engine. I am on SSD, with 3 kids, one of which, like myself, is disabled also. Point being money is about as tight as you can get. I have been playing for 35 years and cannot lift heavy amps or rigs, so the axe is my ideal solution. Music is my life aside from my kids, of course, but I feel I deserve and owe it to myself to get one of these units. I have been through hell, with surgery, and health crap, whine, sniffle. I know It is a luxury, but for me, I feel is a necessary one. I have literally, hundreds of songs written and want to have the best tone I can possibly get to finish my solo album. Being OCD, I find really hard to settle for anything but the best. So with all that being said, sorry for the long winded prelude, is there anyone else in a similar situation, who has found a way? Will Fractal considering doing financing or possibly start selling through a dealer? My credit has taken quite a hit since my injury 8 years ago, so getting a loan or a credit card to put it on, is almost impossible, at this point. I'm basically looking for any hope that I can muster up, to keep my dream of owning an axe-fx II, alive. I can't push buttons, or bend over, so the ax8 is out. I'm out of ideas at this point. I do have an Eleven Rack, which is ok, but I know the Black Box is out there and can do much better, as far as tone goes. Thanks in advance, for any advice. I appreciate the hard work put into this community and I am grateful for it.

Dan

Hope things work out for you ps. Sounds like you might just have to save up. Instead of paying some credit card company a bunch of interest on top of what you borrow, pay yourself what you can afford each month or week or whatever until you have the money for the AXII. Until then, keep polishing those songs and think about how awesome it will be when your AXII arrives and you don't owe a dime. Best of luck!

Axe-Fx II and MFC-101 are over $3000 with tax.
I recommend you the AX8 instead, that would cost you half of that!

So with all that being said, sorry for the long winded prelude, is there anyone else in a similar situation, who has found a way?

Dependant upon your credit, you can check out http://www.creditcards.com/ for the best 0% interest cards with rewards possible. I call this game the "credit card" game where I'll sign up for one and have it for 5+ years, only really using it for the first year of 0% interest. That gives you 12 months to pay off your balance without it affecting your credit or what not with minimal payments or "save as you go" ideology. Bring on the nay sayers that canceling a credit card affects your credit, trust me, it can but it indeed does not IME....

As others suggested, PayPal credit is another good alternative if they have similar low interest. My recommendation is if you're confident you can pay off $2K-2,500 within a year timeframe or the timeframe of the 0% interest promotion, boom, do it. It's an interest free loan against your prior credit, most times you can sign up over the internet. I have Bank Of America Cash Rewards and Capital One Silver Rewards currently as recommendations.

Thanks for the ideas everyone, I appreciate it. Saving is of course, the best option, but every time I save, something arises and savings is gone. I will look into credit cards dot com, that may actually work. Hopefully I can get the credit needed to pull off the purchase. As far as PPal goes, I thought FAS did not accept PPal as a payment option? Or do you need the PPal credit card? Thanks again everyone.

Thanks for the ideas everyone, I appreciate it. Saving is of course, the best option, but every time I save, something arises and savings is gone. I will look into credit cards dot com, that may actually work. Hopefully I can get the credit needed to pull off the purchase. As far as PPal goes, I thought FAS did not accept PPal as a payment option? Or do you need the PPal credit card? Thanks again everyone.

This shouldn't be an issue if you buy used.

That's pretty much how I acquired my MK II.

I say this half-jokingly, because I am not trying to railroad you, but I know how hard it can be to not have savings evaporate. If you really want to "force" your savings, you can purchase Gift Certificates in the Fractal Store. They don't expire, and they can be combined to place a single order when you're ready.

https://shop.fractalaudio.com/GiftCert_default.asp?sendvia=Email

I did a lot of research and If you have PPal credit and your payments etc... are on time, they will often extend the credit line for a purchase. It will either work and your good or deny it. I will see what happens. I would be totally happy with a Mark II. Which is what I am shooting for. Wish me luck. Thanks for the help guys.

Another suggestion is to educate yourself about cryptocurrency and ride the up and down movements on bitcoin and ethereum. You would probably want to start with ethereum because of the current cost of a single bitcoin. In your post you mentioned being on SSD, so I am guessing you are at home and would be able to monitor price fluctuations.

Depending on how much cash you can start with, you may only make a few dollars on each transaction after the fees, particularly if you skim off the top of each profitable transaction by converting some of your profit to USD. However, it adds up over time.

How about doing some medical transcribing or such? I know several that do this on there computer at home and make a fair living. I hate them, but telemarketing pays also. there are many things you can do to make income, you just have to decide how bad you want it.

It's far more satisfying to buy your hobby equipment with money you've earned and saved than future money you might earn or save.

I'll be the person to recommend something like BofA's Keep the Change or digit or You Need a Budget or Mint

The BofA Keep the Change program works by rounding up transactions you process to the nearest dollar and saving the difference in another account. Spend $4.50 on a coffee? BofA will round that up to $5 and put $0.50 in a savings account for you.

Digit does a similar thing, but it's not real time and it uses an algorithm to learn your spending and obligation habits so it only moves money between accounts when it thinks you can tolerate it. I haven't used it personally, but some people at work swear it's magic.

YNAB is something I've used for many, many years now. It's a great program with it's own philosophy for how to set a budget and track your ability to adhere to it. What my wife and I love about it is it doesn't go off the rails if you screw up from time to time and overspend in any category you set up. It's very good and helping you ease back on track. Much better than any paper-and-pen type system we'd tried before that. If you've done "envelope budgets", it's based mostly on that concept, but with its own twist. Apps for mobile and desktop are top notch. You can tell it "I want to save $X in Y months" and it'll help you move the right money aside every so often so you hit your goal. And it'll show you if you're being too aggressive and it's going to hurt your other categories.

Mint is like YNAB but all online. I haven't used it, but it's something of an incumbent in this space and I know plenty of people who think it's awesome.

Point being money is about as tight as you can get.
If money is as tight as you can get, then going into debt is a train wreck waiting to happen. If you can't scrape together the money to save for it, how will you pay off the loan?

I get that you want the best. So do I. But there are a lot of things I love that I don't have the best of. If you really want an Axe, focus that OCD on squirreling away a few dollars a week.

Words of wisdom in our McDonalds society, my way right away,lol. You are correct, that is pretty much the only way for me. Thanks for the reality check.

Create budget goals. Hold to budget. Get things. It may take a lot longer to get those things than taking on consumer debt but you will be far better off. Don't forget to save for the people you care for along the way.

This may man never getting an AxeFx. Also, if you've got good material, there are very cheap alternatives. You could put your stuff up on bandcamp or patreon and maybe you could get enough funding to acquire a little black box.

At any rate, don't put yourself in a hole for some perceived need that puts you living outside your means. I don't mean to offend but I hope this stings: that is irresponsible.

Words of wisdom in our McDonalds society, my way right away,lol. You are correct, that is pretty much the only way for me. Thanks for the reality check.
If you get a sudden urge to spend the money on something else while you're saving up for your Axe, PM me. I'll respond with something like, "Dude. Axe-Fx." :)

For the record, that's how I got my Axe. I set aside a few dollars a week, earmarked for the Axe and nothing else. There's nothing like the feeling of plunking down cash for a major item, then walking away free and clear, without owing a dime to anyone.

If you are tech savvy enough to participate in this forum then you could easily start a career working from home. Many different fields out there. Cad drafting just to name one that I'm involved it. It can be quite lucrative once you build up repeat clients. I'm sure having enough money to just buy the toys you want would be way better than any type of long term savings plan or credit scenario. .02

Back
Top Bottom