FINALLY !

RickTN

Inspired
got my new AXE today....UPS finally decided they better give it up and bring it to me..............all hooked up (I think)........Fractal Bot working...updated to latest Quantum update.....AXE verified to new update.......Axe-Edit up and working and communicating with AXE.......Mastermind GT22 changed over to work with the AXE............

but...........can't make sounds tonight or I'll be divorced by tomorrow......but she goes to work early....soooooo......

and I'll be back here in about 6 months when I figure all this out............

Congratulations! Welcome to the best piece of guitar gear ever! It takes a little while to learn the ropes but hang in there and enjoy the ride! You probably won't be seeing much of your wife now. Have fun and if you have questions there are some great people on here to assist you.

Congratulations! Welcome to the best piece of guitar gear ever! It takes a little while to learn the ropes but hang in there and enjoy the ride! You probably won't be seeing much of your wife now. Have fun and if you have questions there are some great people on here to assist you.

I second the best guitar gear comment..

Congratulation! This forum is indeed a true help. As far as I'm concerned, I don't think the Axe is difficult to understand. It's just that it helps you understand so many things you were not doing right before (or you were simply not aware of)...

Congrats on your purchase! I admit, when I read about the Axe's "steep learning curve" it makes me feel like a genius! I found it easy and straight forward. I'm not a power user at all and still have A LOT to learn about routing options and tone tweaking tricks for recording. I just learn a new feature if/when I need it. The Axe Fx is amazing!

got my new AXE today....UPS finally decided they better give it up and bring it to me..............all hooked up (I think)........Fractal Bot working...updated to latest Quantum update.....AXE verified to new update.......Axe-Edit up and working and communicating with AXE.......Mastermind GT22 changed over to work with the AXE............

but...........can't make sounds tonight or I'll be divorced by tomorrow......but she goes to work early....soooooo......

and I'll be back here in about 6 months when I figure all this out............
First off congrats. You will be back in less than 6 days with questions and or praise reports

The "steep learning curve" myth makes me chuckle. Sweet tones outta the box maan! :D

Congratulations on finally getting the killer rig(s) you always wanted

Yeah, provided you already know how guitar equipment is supposed to work generally, the learning curve is actually not very steep at all.

Once you get down the basic syntax of how to place blocks into the grid, and the very basic mechanics behind selecting and adjusting parameters, you're 95% there.

You will be more than pleased just trying all the stock presets. I remember prior to getting mine, I was reading all the options and thought it would take forever, but great sounds happen instantly...tweaking them, at least for me, took a bit of time, mainly because I was happy with what I had...but it all comes around.

If you're talking about just quickly dialing up basic sounds, the learning curve isn't very steep.

But... If you want to get a full grasp of all features in the Axe-FX II XL+ (including Scenes, X/Y states and all control options), that's a much deeper learning curve.

I'm a fairly tech savvy user... and it took me a minute to get up-to-speed.
Had my Axe for a couple weeks and there's still more fine details to absorb...

Very pleased with the sound of the Axe-FX (both on piezo/acoustic and electric)

Last edited:
Smart man... happy wife, happy life.

You'll be making music within seconds of turning the switch on. It goes as deep as you can swim, but you can have loads of fun in the kiddie end of the pool too. Enjoy it!

Congrats !!!!!!on owning the best !!!!!
the presets make it so easy to sound good right out of the gate.
my trouble was ,liked the way many presets sounded ,that i couldn't quit paying long enough to learn the rest of the XL, when I should of, right out of the box. I am a newby also.

Back
Top Bottom