finally went Wireless

Personally I don't need wireless. I have no problem running the one phantom MIDI cable from my rackbag to my controller. Not like I'm running around stages with my controller...

Still, funny that FAMC is releasing one of those things imminently.

Now wireless for my guitar is another thing altogether. Just not having a cable to yank from my output is worth the price of admission.

G55. Back pocket because I switch guitars, and don't want to run a second transmitter. Do I need it? Not for distance, but I hate tripping over the cable, and having to avoid getting it caught on things.

if only my mfc 101 was wireless as well/QUOTE]
Even wireless , You still need to power the MFC101 so cables , cables cables....

Thats why they invented 9V batteries :playful:

Also, I was tempted to go the Line 6 route but I love my AKG SR40 Guitar bug for the exact reason that I just plugs in with no cord or wallet sized battery box.
The only issue I've had so far is that it won't fit in the embedded Ibanez Jem input jack. Have no fear though, just had to Dr. up a 1/4" extension.

Last edited:
Got myself a line 6 g30 ..
and now I'm thinking .. why didn't I do this ten years ago :)
love it ..

how do y'all attach it on your strap ? (not crazy about the clip thingy)

if only my mfc 101 was wireless as well :)
it would be awesome

have a good one

I haven't been brave enough to try it but a buddy if mine puts a hole on his straps and inserts a Schaller strap lock and screwed a lock button to the transmitter. seems to work great but with my luck the screw would short out the unit

Not sure if any of you have checked out the new Line6 G70 units but we had the chance to demo one at NAMM and are currently going to build a pedalboard featuring one. They are pretty killer. They feature color coding LED lights for multiple packs, cable emulation technology, and the packs go to sleep to save battery.

Another sweet option is the SHURE GLX-D wireless system that features the cable emulation and rechargeable batteries for the packs (pretty cool for touring puposes)

I have a G90 that works great and I like really well. Only problem with any of those Line 6 units is they eat batteries like they're free. You need to find a wholesale supplier and buy them by the 24 pack.

I have a G90 that works great and I like really well. Only problem with any of those Line 6 units is they eat batteries like they're free. You need to find a wholesale supplier and buy them by the 24 pack.

Rechargeables FTW!

Rechargeables FTW!

You would think. But, they only get up to 1.2 volts at full charge as opposed to the 1.5 volts disposables do, so the transmitter thinks they're well on their way to being dead. You gotta use Alkalines or Lithiums, or the system just doesn't work. Lithiums work longer, but they're painfully expensive.

You can get really good batteries pretty cheap if you buy them in bulk. For instance, at batteries.com you can get Duracell Copper Top alkalines for between $.25 and $.35 apiece, depending on how many you buy. Beats the snot out of the $5 per 4-pack you'll pay at most retailers. Plus, they have ridiculously long shelf lives so you don't have to worry about them going to hell on you.

Back
Top Bottom