Finally about to join the cult

Richard_G

Inspired
So I'm finally about to join the kool aid drinking cult members :lol:

That is, my Ultra is on its way from another board member. After following threads on this forum for quite some time, I decided it was about time I got first hand experience. Since I've never played the beast in person, I didn't want to sell off my last two tube amps to fund it (a 20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva and a Dr. Z Maz jr). So even though I decided I was going to get one a long time ago, it took some time to raise the funds. But now it's on its way, at least :)

I can hardly wait...

Richard_G said:

That is, my Ultra is on its way from another board member. After following threads on this forum for quite some time, I decided it was about time I got first hand experience. Since I've never played the beast in person, I didn't want to sell off my last two tube amps to fund it (a 20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva and a Dr. Z Maz jr). So even though I decided I was going to get one a long time ago, it took some time to raise the funds. But now it's on its way, at least :)

I can hardly wait...
Just saw the Jonestown story on CNN last night. All I could think about how this "saying" has come down to this..... :lol:

Richard_G said:

I can hardly wait...

That was my first experience with the Axe, just up and bought one blindly off ebay and I haven't looked back...

Sixstring said:
Richard_G said:

I can hardly wait...

That was my first experience with the Axe, just up and bought one blindly off ebay and I haven't looked back...

Me too. Took a big gamble from only watching Youtube videos (mainly Mark Days) and it was probably the single most satisfying purchase i've EVER made...and not just musically :lol:

Good luck with it, i'm sure you'll love it!

ps. I've never, and would never be a member of a 'cult', but if the Axefx 'club' is a cult then thats one cult i'm very happy to be a member of :D

Richard_G said:
Thanks. It'll probably be here tomorrow. Better get back to RTFM while waiting :lol:

+1 on the manual and also try messing around with Axe Edit if you haven't already,
it's nice tool to give you preview on how things work inside of AxeFx.

Enjoy it and congrats. :)

Richard_G said:
Thanks. It'll probably be here tomorrow. Better get back to RTFM while waiting :lol:
and while your are RTFm , also read the wiki.... especially Yek's HOW-TO's !! a wealth of information that will answer many questions you may have. Welcome to the "club" !

It has arrived! And I've been playing with it for 5 hours straight :D

I was worried my expectations were too high, but so far I'm really impressed. And I've barely touched the surface of what this thing is capable of. Endless possibilities! This is going to be a fun ride!

I've spent some time with the manual, the wiki and Yek's How-to guides. Great help. Thanks to Yek and everyone who has contributed to the wiki.

I've managed to get Axe-edit and the Ultra to communicate with each other, and have taken a backup of the former owners presets (some of them were actually really cool), loaded the factory presets, put in some Redwirez IRs etc. The former owner had already updated the firmware to 10.03, so I didn't mess with that aspect.

This is looking good :)

Back
Top Bottom