Filter Block issue

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I can not seem to get the filter block to do a 4db clean boost or effect the sound at all? Have it all set up properly with 4 pre and 4 post with it being last in chain. Axe Fx II it always worked great. Even re-down loaded latest FW and reset entire system. Anyone else having this issue? Running in series.

Last in pre or post chain? What happens if you engage filter and turn its level parameter all the way down?

Hmmm, sorry my unit is getting repaired so I can't try to replicate it. Maybe next week if you still haven't found a solution.

What happened to unit??

It was doing a whole bunch of strange things. I thought some of them were software bugs but other people were not having the same problem. Kinda like what you are experiencing. But I had 3 or 4 different things not work. Then the unit flipped out at a band practice. The display was flashing on and off. Even after I cut the power it flashed a couple more times. It started working the next day but given all the other problems I decided to send it in.

Have you tried starting a new preset from scratch and seeing if the problem persists? If it does I would contact support.

Are other post effects audible? IOW verify amp loop is engaged if switchable.

Are you sure you adjusted the LEVEL parameter? The GAIN parameter does nothing with null filter type.

That seems the most likely cause at this point. Can you post a preset?

I can not seem to get the filter block to do a 4db clean boost or effect the sound at all? Have it all set up properly with 4 pre and 4 post with it being last in chain. Axe Fx II it always worked great. Even re-down loaded latest FW and reset entire system. Anyone else having this issue? Running in series.

Sounds to me like you may have hit the bug I reported in the 2.00 Firmware, in which moving a block onto itself (which should be a no-op) actually perma-horks (that's a technical term) the effect from that point forward. The only workaround I've found is to change that block to be empty, store your preset, turn the unit off entirely, then power it back up and go re-configure that block from scratch.

And to avoid hitting this issue again, be sure to hit the EXIT button if you decide NOT to move a block, rather than hitting the ENTER button to just drop it into its same slot. Hopefully they'll fix this in the next firmware update so that any attempt to move a block onto itself effectively just cancels (same as pushing the EXIT button).

Sounds to me like you may have hit the bug I reported in the 2.00 Firmware, in which moving a block onto itself (which should be a no-op) actually perma-horks (that's a technical term) the effect from that point forward. The only workaround I've found is to change that block to be empty, store your preset, turn the unit off entirely, then power it back up and go re-configure that block from scratch. And to avoid hitting this issue again, be sure to hit the EXIT button if you decide NOT to move a block, rather than hitting the ENTER button to just drop it into its same slot. Hopefully they'll fix this in the next firmware update so that any attempt to move a block onto itself effectively just cancels (same as pushing the EXIT button).
Most likely this is it. I'll try tonight. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom