Fender Vintage Combo Synth Ambient Metal test. Yeeeah, you heard it right...

apescaleconflict

Experienced
Hey!

This clip doesn't probably get anybody to the exstacy of "i gotta have it" but i challenged my self to do something totally different with it than what people may assume it to be used most likely.

Im truly sorry. :D It's smeared with Modern delay stuff, synths and heavy guitars.

May as well say that these IR's regardless are really creamy and "rippin" with lots of nice glassy clarity.

Anyhoo, here's something you don't hear this combo doing everyday.

Oh, i drove the rhytm ir's with 5150 and the cleans with suhr badger.

Hey!

This clip doesn't probably get anybody to the exstacy of "i gotta have it" but i challenged my self to do something totally different with it than what people may assume it to be used most likely.

Im truly sorry. :D It's smeared with Modern delay stuff, synths and heavy guitars.

May as well say that these IR's regardless are really creamy and "rippin" with lots of nice glassy clarity.

Anyhoo, here's something you don't hear this combo doing everyday.

Oh, i drove the rhytm ir's with 5150 and the cleans with suhr badger.

If someone had told me I was going to like Synth Ambient Metal, I'd have said "What?"

That was great! Sound and content. I want to play the video game that has that for the soundtrack!

If someone had told me I was going to like Synth Ambient Metal, I'd have said "What?"

That was great! Sound and content. I want to play the video game that has that for the soundtrack!

Thank you! It's nice to experiment with some ambient slow going riffs and synthwise, so adding them in layers to the songs or creating interludes becomes more easy. Makes painting more easy, when you know what colors you can use! :)
That game reference was funny, i kinda had a some sort of platform game, Sonic The Hedgehog (the slower stages) or smth in mind creating this too :D

Also i gotta hype, how cool is that with Axe FX you can use what ever cab you want with what ever preamp? I mean, it's not a trick in real life to use 5150 with whatever desired cab, but that fender combo, man, it's not something i'd thought anyway and would see the trouble of modding. :D This unit is the spiffynator.

it's always good to hear something 'fresh'... especially when it's this good! Rock on rocker! :cool:
I agree, but i have to admit that i normally do much more heavy stuff. Im really happy how the overall sound came out in this one, i think i can use it in advance for future stuff! :)

HA!
I knew you had it in you kid!
No i had to cast a spell summoning it, now im back to normal ;p

Niiiiiice!
Ayyyyyy!

Very cool. Thanks for posting it.
Damn decent of you. You're very welcome!

Really cool!!! very different from usual but very sympatic, good track man ;)
Yeah, im still into the genre i usually do, but im just learning to use more stuff in advance with the writing process!

a really nice blend of tones and genre's
Thanks mate! I was going after something that nobody would do with the Fender Combo and the inspiration took me in this state of mind and used it to learn how i could combine ambient stuff in normal stuff i do, which is usually million tads heavier but im not shy doing and expanding the limits! :)

Ha! Breaking the rules is rock'n'roll buddy! I know I wouldn't do this with the real combo though. :D I've said it before but I definitely find this an interesting mix of ideas. Deftones? Djent? Ambient? Yup.

Ha! Breaking the rules is rock'n'roll buddy! I know I wouldn't do this with the real combo though. :D I've said it before but I definitely find this an interesting mix of ideas. Deftones? Djent? Ambient? Yup.
Yeah, actually the idea is a bit old but put in a modern context. If i remember correctly i've read that Korn used to do same stuff in the earliest days, they overdrive some small combo so it sounded like it's on a verge of immolation. I can't say anything about the genres, it's all there i guess haha!

Really dig this mix. Nicely done! I agree with the above post of wanting to play this video game. ;)
Oh dead gummit i gotta learn how to program a video game now! Mad times! :D :D

Back
Top Bottom