Fender Twin Reverb

jonPhillips said:
After taking on board a LOT of comments, advice and tips from all the really cool guys here, I've finally come as close as I'm ever going to get to nailing the sound of my Fender Twin (a '76 Silverface, with Eminence Legends - the originals blew many years ago...). And I finally got it using the Brownface (Vibroverb) sim. Even if it doesn't sound quite like any Twin you've ever heard, it's a pretty nice clean anyway ;)

I've attached 2 versions, one using the stock 2x12 cabinet, and one using the following Redwire mix:
TwinJensenC12N-R121-CapEdge-2in.wav,0.486
TwinJensenC12N-SM57-CapEdge-2in.wav,0.486
TwinJensenC12N-TC30-Back-0in.wav,0.028

The stock version is pretty good (IMHO), but the Redwirez totally bring it to life.

Tested not on animals, but on a variety of Stratocasters - including a CS '69, an '88 57RI and a 2005 Am Deluxe. This is the clean sound I've been after for months, so many, many thanks to all the contributors to this thread (and to this board) - I'd never have come close without all your input.

Thanks fellas.

Yep, very nice. A lot of difference between the two versions. (I like the Brownface with a twin cab better).
And quite (too) bright at higher volumes.

Why such a high noise gate threshold? With my guitars it cuts off far too quickly.

DonPetersen said:
thanks, very sweet patch. (way too much compression for my taste, tho.)

it replaced my '000' :)

yek said:
Yep, very nice. A lot of difference between the two versions. (I like the Brownface with a twin cab better).
And quite (too) bright at higher volumes.

Why such a high noise gate threshold? With my guitars it cuts off far too quickly.

I don't actually use the compressor with either of these patches, it was just in there as a hangover from my basic patch setup. And you're dead right about the noise gate :oops: - I didn't realise I'd left it set so high until after I'd posted them. I'd suggest removing or simply bypassing the compressor and definitely adjust the gate to better suit.

Many thanks for the kind words about the patches though fellas - coming from you two, it means a lot.

jonPhillips said:
After taking on board a LOT of comments, advice and tips from all the really cool guys here, I've finally come as close as I'm ever going to get to nailing the sound of my Fender Twin (a '76 Silverface, with Eminence Legends - the originals blew many years ago...).

Jon, I made a few mods to your patch to give it a little bit more presence (to my ears). Let me know if you like it. By the way, since you have the Redwirez cabs, the User 2 cab is the TwinD120s-R121-CapEdge-12in that I used in my "Deltones 68 Twin" patch.

[attachment=0:cdbvqup6]Vibroverb 2x12 Modded.syx[/attachment:cdbvqup6]

Attachments

• Vibroverb 2x12 Modded.syx
    2 KB · Views: 120
[attachment=0:1o5dmjni]Deltones 68 Twin.syx[/attachment:1o5dmjni]

Best sounding Twin patch I've tried.
(I bypass the Drive block)

kelso said:
[attachment=0:1lwokyfh]Deltones 68 Twin.syx[/attachment:1lwokyfh]

Thanks for the nice comment man, I appreciate it. As for the drive block, yep, it's totally optional. I added it after reading DonPeterson's thread about the tape drive block and wanted to try it out, but the main patch was created without it.

Deltones said:
kelso said:
[attachment=0:wlmkvaub]Deltones 68 Twin.syx[/attachment:wlmkvaub]

Thanks for the nice comment man, I appreciate it. As for the drive block, yep, it's totally optional. I added it after reading DonPeterson's thread about the tape drive block and wanted to try it out, but the main patch was created without it.

Petersen

:D

hardly anyone get's this right... ever!
I blame my first name.

Back
Top Bottom