Fender Tone Master Pro....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear that "weird aliasing" as well. It sounds like static white noise behind the notes as the signal dies down. You can hear it really clearly in this comparison:

on TGP they will crucify you if you even mention hearing it in vids/demos....they will say do you have one??? etc... and then continue to discredit you for an opinion

on TGP they will crucify you if you even mention hearing it in vids/demos....they will say do you have one??? etc... and then continue to discredit you for an opinion
I have no doubt that they would. I'd probably get an infraction from the moderators as well. I have no problem if other people don't hear it and like the unit. Competition is good and I'm glad that Fender is investing in the serious side of the modeling market.

On the other forums guys are raving on the TMP vs fractal.Its interesting.
What are they raving about? I'm betting it's UI and not sounds...

Because on The Gear Forum (the only other forum I really participate in, that's what I've seen).

I've seen a lot of complaints on the high price, the quality of the modeling, the switches being close together.

The only real positive I've read regarding amp tones are Fender models and mostly the cleans.

On the other hand, a lot of people seem pretty happy with the FR-12 speaker cabinets.

Because on The Gear Forum (the only other forum I really participate in, that's what I've seen).

I've seen a lot of complaints on the high price, the quality of the modeling, the switches being close together.

The only real positive I've read regarding amp tones are Fender models and mostly the cleans.

On the other hand, a lot of people seem pretty happy with the FR-12 speaker cabinets.

Don't spend much time on this one. That's our Tim™

I'm an user of Axe iii, FM9 as well as FM3. Also I bought TMP a couple of weeks ago.
Shocked at the fact that Loop 1 and Loop 2 for analog external stomps are tied up to
the very beginning of signal path. You are not allowed to move around in the chain.

I'm an user of Axe iii, FM9 as well as FM3. Also I bought TMP a couple of weeks ago.
Shocked at the fact that Loop 1 and Loop 2 for analog external stomps are tied up to
the very beginning of signal path. You are not allowed to move around in the chain.
In all the signal path options? I recall there are a number of choices from what I've seen.

except for the hiss of the fr-12 units.There is a whole thread on that

That's pretty much every forum including this one if you become too contentious for comfort.

Just got one a few days ago.

I have three AXE FX3 MKII...

I wanted to replace one of them with something smaller that I could travel with, something that I just need to use with headphones or maybe a small pair of FRFRs. Many of you have said, and I agree, it's nothing close to a Fractal in terms of the amount of amps/cabs/pedals, nor is it even close in terms of the granularity of control of each of those. Probably doesn't even match the update frequency and never will. I have no issue with the noise floor, it's as quiet as my FX3's all day long.

I will say though, the touch screen excellent, super easy to work with and the whole process is very intuitive. You don't need to read the manual. As far as drilling down to get the perfect tone, that's quite unattainable today, but they have some very nice amps and cabs that get me where I want to be. I had considered the FM9, but really wanted to give this thing a shot. I will be keeping it, but I will also not give up my FX3's that I have mounted in the racks. Nothing can replace those, except the FX4!

This was specifically designed for me to use for travel with a set of headphones. I doubt that Fender will be giving up on this unit anytime soon, as I think this is a major foray for them into the modeling market, and I would bet that they will continue to bring updates with more features and functionality in the near future. I don't see updates coming with the Fractal frequency, but I got an update on my 1st time in. They also have a nice cloud backup feature!

The footswitch combo knobs are awesome, something every floor modeler should have, and the unit is very robust, well built and solid. The drag and drop UI is very today....

All in all, an excellent product IMO. Fender branding gets them that delta in market pricing...and no doubt, we'll be seeing more amps/cabs and effects in future updates.

They're hard to get as they're selling well...so there's that. They've done something right here, but today, if you really want that tonal tuning granularity and tons of amps/cabs and pedals, this is not the unit for that, yet.

Just got one a few days ago.

I have three AXE FX3 MKII...

I wanted to replace one of them with something smaller that I could travel with, something that I just need to use with headphones or maybe a small pair of FRFRs. Many of you have said, and I agree, it's nothing close to a Fractal in terms of the amount of amps/cabs/pedals, nor is it even close in terms of the granularity of control of each of those. Probably doesn't even match the update frequency and never will. I have no issue with the noise floor, it's as quiet as my FX3's all day long.

I will say though, the touch screen excellent, super easy to work with and the whole process is very intuitive. You don't need to read the manual. As far as drilling down to get the perfect tone, that's quite unattainable today, but they have some very nice amps and cabs that get me where I want to be. I had considered the FM9, but really wanted to give this thing a shot. I will be keeping it, but I will also not give up my FX3's that I have mounted in the racks. Nothing can replace those, except the FX4!

This was specifically designed for me to use for travel with a set of headphones. I doubt that Fender will be giving up on this unit anytime soon, as I think this is a major foray for them into the modeling market, and I would bet that they will continue to bring updates with more features and functionality in the near future. I don't see updates coming with the Fractal frequency, but I got an update on my 1st time in. They also have a nice cloud backup feature!

The footswitch combo knobs are awesome, something every floor modeler should have, and the unit is very robust, well built and solid. The drag and drop UI is very today....

All in all, an excellent product IMO. Fender branding gets them that delta in market pricing...and no doubt, we'll be seeing more amps/cabs and effects in future updates.

They're hard to get as they're selling well...so there's that. They've done something right here, but today, if you really want that tonal tuning granularity and tons of amps/cabs and pedals, this is not the unit for that, yet.
so if the tmp didnt have the gui would you still want it? And they are in stock everywhere here....and will continue to be for a long time...its fender so no waitlist/running out of parts stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom