Fender Jazzmaster Acoustasonic

So everyone's posting these Jazzmaster Acoustasonics today all over YouTube.... What do you guys think??

I honestly think they don't sound very good.... They don't seem to do the acoustic thing well, and don't seem to do the electric thing well at all either..... and all of that for a slamming $1999.99...... I personally would rather take a good acoustic, and a good electric to a gig.

Just random thoughts... 🤷🏻‍♂️

I like the Strat type the most, visually. The Jazzmaster model is plain ugly. The dual body just doesn't work there.

The modeled acoustic sounds ... well ... I’ve heard some okay stuff and some mediocre stuff. Didn’t like the tones in Pete Thorn’s latest video at all.

Not a fan of the electric sounds.

And expensive.

So all in all: meh.

I've had a Godin Montreal hybrid acoustic/electric for over 10 years, and to me, it does the hybrid thing just about perfectly. A very under-rated and under-stated guitar. It keeps its place in my collection on its merits. Not so sure that one of these new Acoustasonics would do that...

Reading an article right now about Nile Rodgers being totally hooked on the Strat Acoustasonics through a 10" Champ. I guess it does fit his style a little. Have to take into account that he's an endorser for Fender, so ....

IMO the pricing on them is ridiculous, and they look ugly. Buy a Godin or any other piezo equipped guitar and load up some IRs into your Axe-FX and save a bundle of cash :)

Based on that one clip I saw it sounded fine, and I've do come to appreciate the Jazzmaster body. I;m not a big fan of traditional acoustic guitars anyway, so this seems to be more up my alley.

They are built in the Fender Custom Shop and have their own R&D plus Fishmann & Fender combined R&D.

Sooo yeah.... be happy they arent 3-4k. Or 6.

The interesting thing I found out is they were designed by the guy that did the Taylor T5z

That’s interesting. I had two of those T5z guitars. The first I sold to buy an upgraded version, but that one didn’t sound as good as the first one. They are very well built guitars. If they made them with full size pickups they would be very good guitars. Those little pickups just can’t beat the big guys. The Fender Acoustasonics are not good looking guitars. Apparently some people like them though.

I have the Jazzmaster, used for loud acoustic gigs where my Taylor or J-45 would feedback. Massive variety of acoustic sounds though the IRs. But it also switches to authentic humbucker electric.
FM9 use is more for with the humbucker; keeping cab and amps off for the acoustic scenes as the IR's do a decent job., with some compression and some of the electric effects. can sound interesting Light to carry to gigs - I mostly walk or go on the train. Nice to play too; I have the dark green-blue one which looks fine - see for yourself.

Attachments

• Taylor and Acoustatronic.jpg
    Taylor and Acoustatronic.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom