Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

Is this sacrilege? So I am not sure I’ll keep the clear volume knob. I like black knobs. I drilled a hole in the original knob and I can se the light shining under. Here’s an approximation of what it looks like in real life (had to exaggerate exposure while editing picture because it doesn’t photograph well anyway you get the idea)IMG_0794.jpeg

Is this sacrilege? So I am not sure I’ll keep the clear volume knob. I like black knobs. I drilled a hole in the original knob and I can se the light shining under. Here’s an approximation of what it looks like in real life (had to exaggerate exposure while editing picture because it doesn’t photograph well anyway you get the idea)View attachment 138222
That looks really cool!
That eq setting sounds great too with everything boosted a lil bit .

I received my V2 yesterday. I spent more time looking for screws on the floor than installing this thing. Easier than making your bed

Flipped the switch and the hiss is gone. If I press my ear against the grill cloth I can’t tell if I hear anything except my ear rubbing against the cloth.

So main goal: Achieved

The controls are lovely as well. I don’t have to tweak on the FM3 every time my ears get tired. No more worrying about saving and overwriting a preset because it sounded good at the moment. I just turn knobs on v2 slightly and can match what I hear in my head.

is there a forum hall of fame where users with significant contributions get recognized?

Hey mods Get @WKSmith
A medal or special badge or avatar or something
But did you get a sticker?! 🤣

Is this sacrilege? So I am not sure I’ll keep the clear volume knob. I like black knobs. I drilled a hole in the original knob and I can se the light shining under. Here’s an approximation of what it looks like in real life (had to exaggerate exposure while editing picture because it doesn’t photograph well anyway you get the idea)View attachment 138222
Nice job! I like black knobs too. Think I will try both your idea and the clear knob to see which I like best, but both are great actually. Looks really good. Now protect your hearing and keep your ear off the speaker while playing (Referring to your earlier post)! 😁

I received my V2 yesterday. I spent more time looking for screws on the floor than installing this thing. Easier than making your bed

Flipped the switch and the hiss is gone. If I press my ear against the grill cloth I can’t tell if I hear anything except my ear rubbing against the cloth.

So main goal: Achieved

The controls are lovely as well. I don’t have to tweak on the FM3 every time my ears get tired. No more worrying about saving and overwriting a preset because it sounded good at the moment. I just turn knobs on v2 slightly and can match what I hear in my head.

is there a forum hall of fame where users with significant contributions get recognized?

Hey mods Get @WKSmith
A medal or special badge or avatar or something
But did you make a video??

Damn. @jellodog beat me to it.

They are certainly more transparent.

monsters inc lol GIF by Disney Pixar

Back
Top Bottom