Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

I thought that they were based in Corona, CA. Is this just where the factory is, and corporate offices are in Arizona? Or am I just way behind the times - WAIT! Don't answer that. :)

Looks like they moved corporate to Scottsdale AZ. Probably to save money on taxes. Ca is brutal in that way. I lived about 1/2 hour from the Corona plant for a long time. They constantly ran job ads is all I know about the factory.

I received my V2 yesterday. I spent more time looking for screws on the floor than installing this thing. Easier than making your bed

Flipped the switch and the hiss is gone. If I press my ear against the grill cloth I can’t tell if I hear anything except my ear rubbing against the cloth.

So main goal: Achieved

The controls are lovely as well. I don’t have to tweak on the FM3 every time my ears get tired. No more worrying about saving and overwriting a preset because it sounded good at the moment. I just turn knobs on v2 slightly and can match what I hear in my head.

is there a forum hall of fame where users with significant contributions get recognized?

Hey mods Get @WKSmith
A medal or special badge or avatar or something

I received my V2 yesterday. I spent more time looking for screws on the floor than installing this thing. Easier than making your bed

Flipped the switch and the hiss is gone. If I press my ear against the grill cloth I can’t tell if I hear anything except my ear rubbing against the cloth.

So main goal: Achieved

The controls are lovely as well. I don’t have to tweak on the FM3 every time my ears get tired. No more worrying about saving and overwriting a preset because it sounded good at the moment. I just turn knobs on v2 slightly and can match what I hear in my head.

is there a forum hall of fame where users with significant contributions get recognized?

Hey mods Get @WKSmith
A medal or special badge or avatar or something
No medal needed.
I am really happy that you are finally getting to play the V2.

Back
Top Bottom