Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

If I don't find the right acrylic washer I will get another laser cutter and CAD them mydamself šŸ¤£

Or... a dual color power led and a clear jewel for the red power light might do the trick. Then we could have the same 41 micro click custom pot as the eq has ..for the volume too, with a stock black knob. That's what I want to happen. A cool color power light that flashes red on clip.
So far, how did your "washer experiments" go? Any tips or recommendations?

You're placing them on the outside surface of the FR-12, right beneath the transparent knob, right?

So far, how did your "washer experiments" go? Any tips or recommendations?

You're placing them on the outside surface of the FR-12, right beneath the transparent knob, right?
So far the clear flexible one with the clear knob is working. I need a thicker acrylic one to put a halo under a black knob.

And yes just put it between the chassis and knob.

So far the clear flexible one with the clear knob is working. I need a thicker acrylic one to put a halo under a black knob.

And yes just put it between the chassis and knob.
Cool!

I wonder how visible the "red halo" behind the black knob would be, though... In theory, I think the retro-illuminated transparent knob or the dual color power light should be the most readily visible solutions.

Yes I haven't found the right rigid one yet.
That flexible one is tacky against the knob for better control, no wobble or flex, and settings that stay put.

Back
Top Bottom